Multiplayer Variation

PC/iOS/Android: QVADRIGA is a tactical game of chariot racing in ancient Roman circuses, where you take control of a four horse chariot team.

Moderators: Slitherine Core, QVADRIGA Moderators

eddieballgame
Sergeant Major - SdKfz 234/2 8Rad

Multiplayer Variation

Post by eddieballgame »

Ok, there is no "head to head" racing matchups. Simply...tragic. :) However, I have a suggestion as per a possible variation for multiplay. Short of just comparing scores of each individuals own team's performances; try this.

For 2 or 3 persons, at the beginning at least, simply have each individual choose a an Auriga ( after the faction has been determined, of course ). The team will be run by each individual & the performance of each rider will be the determining factor in who has "won the day". This could also be done over the internet using Team Viewer, where one person would host & run the game, which would then be played as a "hot seat" game.
SteveD64
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1

Re: Multiplayer Variation

Post by SteveD64 »

Not a bad idea! Ran a quick campaign going through each driver one at a time. Some house rules I rigged up:

1) After each race the active driver (the one who just raced) can spend up to 40% of the teams total winnings on his team.
2) Play then proceeds to the next driver
3) If the next driver can't race due to lack of horses or destroyed chariot he can spend up to 100% on a new chariot or horses. If he simply requires rest or repair then up to 40% can be spent to get him back on the track, otherwise he has to skip a race.
eddieballgame

Re: Multiplayer Variation

Post by eddieballgame »

I like it...:)

Return to “QVADRIGA”