Future development?

PC/iOS/Android: QVADRIGA is a tactical game of chariot racing in ancient Roman circuses, where you take control of a four horse chariot team.

Moderators: Slitherine Core, QVADRIGA Moderators

fondfoat
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Future development?

Post by fondfoat »

I am really enjoying the demo and imagine I will be buying this game very soon. I wanted to know if you consider the game completed, or do you have further plans for this gem?
Turnopia
Qvadriga
Qvadriga

Re: Future development?

Post by Turnopia »

It is basically complete. There are some things in the making to include in a future patch, like this one:
http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3565982
Daniel López
QVADRIGA creator
fondfoat

Post by fondfoat »

That would be very useful.

I have bought the game, and I do really enjoy it. I wonder if there are ways to make the auriga come to life a little more. Perhaps, a small random bio to go with each auriga which updates as each race goes past. Maybe I am just blind, but I can't see anywhere how many races each individual auriga has started in, won, or how much prize money he has gained.

Thanks for making a great game :)
nats
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad

Post by nats »

Talking of future development the only thing that I have noticed in the demo that puts me off a little is the large black order icon that goes over your chariot after you have given it orders. Just blocks your view of the chariot for a few seconds and looks rather naff - any way you could perhaps reduce this to just a tiny little icon below the chariot or something?
"It's life Jim, but not as we know it"
Sabratha
SPM Contributor
SPM Contributor

Post by Sabratha »

nats wrote:Talking of future development the only thing that I have noticed in the demo that puts me off a little is the large black order icon that goes over your chariot after you have given it orders. Just blocks your view of the chariot for a few seconds and looks rather naff - any way you could perhaps reduce this to just a tiny little icon below the chariot or something?
Had this occur a few times to me, but it occured only when my auriga was dragged behind the horses after the chariot capsized. And even then there was no 100% repro rate, this occured only in about 5% capsize cases.
Turnopia
Qvadriga
Qvadriga

Post by Turnopia »

Yes, maybe I could reduce the size for that icons. That is easy :)
Daniel López
QVADRIGA creator
nats

Post by nats »

There are a few things that I would like to see changed in the game:

1/ As mentioned above I dont like that massive order icon over the chariot, even though its only there for a second or so it still detracts from the otherwise nice looking graphics for that amount of time - you cant see any animation either whilst its there.

2/ When you are getting dragged and the future movement bar goes really dark red/almost black because you are about to die or whatever you cant see your icon choices at all becaue they are black icons on a very dark background.

3/ When you are following a chariot or two chariots your order icons get rather difficult to see because they have a transparent background. This is not a major issue but its just a little tricky to see them.

[I cant image any of the above make this game very suitable for people who dont have at least reasonable eyesight, certainly this game hasnt been designed with the visually impaired in mind]

4/ When you want to mouse over another chariot to see what their horses are like etc the screen scrolls all the time and its rather diffiuclt to actually get your mouse where you want it. I dont know what could be done about this, you can always zoom out to see all the chariots but then the icons get rather small.

5/ The music is goddamn terrible! Sorry but it is.

What I would love to see added:

1/ I would love to see more variety of chariot addition - for example being able to deliberately pick small fast light quality made chariots, maybe smaller wheels for speed, wheel scythes independantly from chariot choice etc.

2/ Also what about better equipment for horses - like better food and lighter horse shoes? These could all add some needed variety to the technology you employ, also training of horses to get them gradually better over time and work better as a unit, and more variety of horse skills like strength and stamina?

3/ Training of aurigas as well and perhaps more variety of auriga skills.

4/ Also what about being able to change around your horses? I would love to be able to do that. Its often the case I wish I could configure the various teams themselves.

On the flipside, things I love about the game are: obviously the races are epic I love playing those and the variety of things that an happen during the race is very good, and I love the events as well they add a heck of a lot of variety to the races. Overall its a very enjoyable game :D
"It's life Jim, but not as we know it"
jpwrunyan

Post by jpwrunyan »

The music is fine. Sorry but it is.

Sound volume would be appreciated, though.
steveuk
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Post by steveuk »

In addition to the list that Nats gave above. I would like the ability to buy, name and change individual horses.
Herode_2
Senior Corporal - Destroyer
Senior Corporal - Destroyer

Post by Herode_2 »

An easy improvement that comes to my mind : add a "show scores" button.

I've just finished my first campaign and I saw that my Albata team was given a score and some stats.
For my future games, I'd like to be able to check those stats (score, wins, second places and so on...)
Of course, it would be even better if I could check score not only by team but also by auriga.
This is even more desirable for active teams : I often wonder how many races a given auriga had, and how many second places and so on. I agree that this in mainly candy information, not strategic data but still, it's an improvement to the flavour of the game.
Parkingtigers
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Post by Parkingtigers »

There absolutely should be some kind of hall of fame, showing stats from previous campaigns. Leaderboards are nice things to have in any kind of game like this, and there should be win records of the best individual aurigas, of the most successful teams etc. Every time a player finishes a game, they should be able to see how they compare to their previous attempts. Was this run the fastest, did it see the greatest % of wins, did it have one of the best drivers of all time etc?

This is a sports sim, and if there is one thing that all sports players and fans like obsess over, it's who was the greatest. Track, store and display those stats please.
raiders5000

Post by raiders5000 »

I've owned the game since it came out basically. Now I'm trying to win in every arena on the map. The only downside to this is the traveling to every arena to "see" if I've actually won a race there or not. It's expensive and time consuming.
Besides, sooner or later I'm going to want to win 5 races in each city, then 10, maybe even 20.

For your next patch (if there is a patch), could you include a stat in the info box that records how many times I've won in that city? I see the ticker-tape at the bottom of the screen showing victories and all, it's really great, but I wish my racing stats (or at the very least, my wins) were posted in that mouseover info box under the city I'm inquiring about.

Ah...but that's just minimal tedious stuff. I enjoy playing this game so much. Maybe I should just be grateful and leave well enough alone, eh?

Regards

Return to “QVADRIGA”