Bugs in iPad Soviet space program

Moderators: Nacho84, N_Molson

RobZ
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Bugs in iPad Soviet space program

Post by RobZ »

I had a couple of questions/issues regarding the Soviet side in the Race to the Moon.

1) Why doesn't the docking between the Soyuz spacecraft and the lunar lander count as "Docking in Space" for the "Goals Comparison" in the Public Affairs Office or in the summary at the game end? Seems like docking to me, and it was definitely in space!

2) Unless the Venera 15 mission comes before the Venera 7 mission, the Soviet player suffers large penalties. Why? This is clearly ahistorical - as the numbering suggests! And it is really annoying because the Venera 15 is so much heavier than the Venera 7 spacecraft. Could you fix this one?

Thanks for so many fun hours!
RZ

Playing the Soviets - Race to the Moon on my iPad (iOS 7) - Version 1.6.5 (Nov 30 2015)
Nacho84
SPM Moderator
SPM Moderator

Re: Bugs in iPad Soviet space program

Post by Nacho84 »

Hello RobZ,

I'll check the game spreadsheet before the end of the weekend and get back to you. It might be a bug in the data, yes.

Cheers,
Ignacio Liverotti
Lead Developer of Buzz Aldrin's Space Program Manager

Polar Motion
Twitter
Nacho84
SPM Moderator
SPM Moderator

Post by Nacho84 »

Hello RobZ,

Regarding the first point, do you remember which mission was the one you conducted?

Cheers,
Ignacio Liverotti

Polar Motion
Twitter
RobZ

Post by RobZ »

Yeah, sure, the mission was LK Lander Test in Lunar Orbit.

But the same thing occurs with the test in Earth orbit or when the actual Lunar landing takes place.

HOWEVER I'm thinking I may be wrong about the whole thing - after all this case is a docking between two manned vehicles (the lander and the Soyuz) and perhaps the award is given for docking with an un-manned satellite only.

And there is a separate goal for docking of two manned craft.

Gosh, I feel like I'm working on the dev team here - takes me back! 8)

Best,
RZ
RobZ

Post by RobZ »

What did you determine about the Venera 7 mission?

I'd sure like to see that one come before the damned Venera 15 probe - that thing is not only heavy, but it takes six seasons!
Nacho84
SPM Moderator
SPM Moderator

Post by Nacho84 »

Hello Rob,

Regarding the LK lander test in lunar orbit, that was a glitch in the spreadsheet as well. It's fixed now, and completing that mission will also grant you all the goals from the lunar orbital flight plus the docking.

Regarding the Venera 7 question: I need to think a bit more about that one. While it's correct that Venera 7 predates Venera 15, the reason for the dependency is because landings are meant to be harder to achieve that orbits. Let me think a bit more on this one.

Cheers,
Ignacio Liverotti

Polar Motion
Twitter
RobZ

Post by RobZ »

Heh. You got a point there. It made a nice soft landing and even transmitted some data.

Looks like there were some problems tho. They should've hired more "Tiger Teams" … :lol:

I'll leave that decision to you. Seems like you guys have done a pretty fair job up to here!

Over and out,
RZ

Return to “Buzz Aldrin's Space Program Manager : Tech Support”