Bug - v1.00 Apollo DIV + EVA - EVA Fail ALL crew die?

Moderators: Nacho84, N_Molson, Nacho84, N_Molson

Drewpan
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Bug - v1.00 Apollo DIV + EVA - EVA Fail ALL crew die?

Post by Drewpan » Sun Nov 02, 2014 7:05 am

Hi Guys,

Apollo Orbital Duration IV with EVA had a failure on the DII that was catastrophic and ALL the crew died.

While the code probably did what it was supposed to do what actually happened is very unlikely.

The failure was on the EVA portion of the mission and so logically it was a suit failure of some kind. Why then did
ALL of my astronauts die? One I can understand, but ALL of them? This implies a failure to get the door closed on the
Apollo capsule (Historically unlikely after Apollo 1) so that they were unable to reenter. I really cannot believe that is
plausible. Also if it was a suit failure then why cannot the Flight director cut the mission short and allow me to try to
save the other two crew?

I think the code needs to be tweaked here as historically a mission failure could be total or partial. Gemini VIII with Armstrong
and Scott could be classed as a partial failure as the hardware failed and caused the Astronauts to land in the wrong Ocean!
But the chance to save the crew was still there.

This would be a good example of my discussion of this link viewtopic.php?f=266&t=52971
where I introduced the concept of partial control of the mission with a Proceed or Abort function that would allow a crew save.

Save Game attached

Cheers!

Andrew (Drewpan)
Attachments
AutoSave-2014-11-02-171324-1968-2-Drewpan.zip
Suit Failure on all Three crew?
(32.91 KiB) Downloaded 52 times

Return to “Buzz Aldrin's Space Program Manager : Tech Support”