dll issues on install

Moderator: Ageod

trigger893
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

dll issues on install

Post by trigger893 »

Hi I purchased CW2 in 2013 when it was first available and had no problems running it on Win 7, unfortunately my hard drive died three weeks ago just after I'd installed Win 10. Anyway I managed to retrieve some information off the old drive and one of the files I managed to save was my CW2.exe. file still in its WinRAR state I thought I'd be able to at least reinstall that programme what has happened though is that every time I try to open the exe. file I get told 'squall.dll & D3DX81ab.dll are missing' and that I should try reinstalling the programme, well I've checked Microsofts site and they've nothing on a 'squall.dll' file and I've checked the dll files present on Win 10 and repaired/recovered where possible but still no luck.

Any help appreciated as I've fiddled with all the obvious I can think of and have also manually updated the graphics drivers.

Some system details:

Operating system: Win 10 home (updated as of 18.09.15)
Processor: AMD FX(tm)-4100 Quad-Core
RAM: 8GB
System type: 64-bit, 64-bit based processor
Graphic Card: NVIDIA GeForce 210 (fully updated)
VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine

Re: dll issues on install

Post by VPaulus »

You need to install the game using the original game file installer.
You can contact us at support[at]slitherine.co.uk with your order details (order reference number or the email address used for placing the order) and we will provide you with a new download link.
trigger893

Re: dll issues on install

Post by trigger893 »

Thanks for the help, I was expecting that I would have to get the download link renewed! I've the order number still and the email address I used is still active so I'll email and wait ... cheers again.

Return to “Civil War II : Tech Support”