Installation Issues

Moderator: Ageod

Captain_Orso
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Installation Issues

Post by Captain_Orso »

I have a couple of issue to note.

1. Running the setup executable runs extremely long; on the average, about 55-60 minutes. I do beta testing for AGEOD so at every new beta RC release (internal and public) that's a lot of time for something that ran for at the very most about 15 minutes while AGEOD was still building the setup file.

It can be a real pita, and I'm sure the first impression new players will have may not be so forgiving.

2. The setup always suggests C:\Games\CivilWar2 as the installation directory. This is archaic and a PITA. All moder programs I know (including games) automatically suggest "C:\Program Files\{game_install_dir\}" (on 586 systems) and "C:\Program Files (x86)\{game_install_dir\}" (64bit systems, unless the program or game is 64bit in which case it also lands in the first example) as the installation directory. Having "C:\Games" as the default installation directory feels like an old DOS or Windows95 installation.

3. Saves, log, etc are written to %USERPROFILE%\My Documents\My Games\{game_install_dir}\; good! But every time I install, even though I already have a "%USERPROFILE%\My Documents\My Games" directory, the setup creates D:\My Games on the disk where I am installing and installs the base directory structure and files there. Once the game is started and the first scenario loaded, a saves, logs etc. are written to "%USERPROFILE%\My Documents\My Games" would be expected.

It would be nice if the setup used "%USERPROFILE%\My Documents\My Games" too.

Return to “Civil War II : Tech Support”