Suggestion Box

Battle of the Scheldt Beta Forum

Moderators: Slitherine Core, BA Moderators, Battle of the Scheldt Beta Forum Moderators

LandMarine47
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Suggestion Box

Post by LandMarine47 »

This forum is what you guys want you guys want to see in the new campaign. Anything is welcome and I hope to see some great suggestions here!
Also any new Scenario Ideas please add here

There are also 4 unconfirmed maps! These maps will be German Counter Attacks. Ideas are welcome here
protectivedaddy
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Re: Suggestion Box

Post by protectivedaddy »

Some form of fortification when in buildings or booby traps for building and woods would be very nice.
LandMarine47
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by LandMarine47 »

protectivedaddy wrote:Some form of fortification when in buildings or booby traps for building and woods would be very nice.
Care to elaborate? Do you want sandbags? If so we can't add that. I'd destroy the current balance.
protectivedaddy
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Post by protectivedaddy »

Sandbagging would have been good, but maybe some form of impassable trench that the troops could dig would be nice. :lol:

Also the booby trapping in house would act like the mines.

On a different note - is there anyway or could there be anyway to add historical details including video of true life footage of the battles that we are about to play - so say before or after force select screens.............setting the scene for the forthcoming battle or even so etching for the players to try to emulate or replicate.
LandMarine47
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by LandMarine47 »

We would need time and energy. As well as someone with Amaris talents in them to do it (I doubt BA can handle a video though)
But mines are on their way! But just in the next build :lol:
LandMarine47
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by LandMarine47 »

This one is for you Cavehobbit. For the next build can you change the Canadian leader icon from the US Soldier to the British one? Sorry for my pickiness :oops:
Kayel Dee
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad

Post by Kayel Dee »

my suggestions are in regard to some reality adjustments.

SQUAD SIZE
Allowing only 5 men to a tile is unrealistic, you should beef up the number of allowable good order men to a more realistic number...say 10-30 guys (some Red Army squads ran well over 15 men, while the Wehrmacht standard was 10)...each unit should be able to act in conjunction with other units in order to combine weapons fire and "really pour it on.

FIRES
Units should be allowed to set structures alight Wooden structure should be completely consumable in a blaze, while structures built of stone or masonry cannot have their structure itself burnt, but its interior can therefore blocking all soldiers on foot access into or through the structure for as long as it continues to burn. Also, by giving units the ability to set fires, it should go without saying that they would also possess the ability of extinguishing existing fires.
REMAING EQUIPMENT AND HEAVY WEAPONS:
. Whenever a unit is eliminated, it is unrealistic that all weapons or equipment it had in its possession are destroyed along with the unit possessing it, Anything left due to a unit's elimination should be subject to a randomized survival check which would also determine the remaining items usability. At that point, the item can be recovered by any unit , of any side, which occupies (for any period of time) the tile it's in...and providing that the weapon is in a serviceable condition, at which point, the recovering unit would need to have it's ability to use the particular item and the remaining item is in a serviceable condition, the recovering unit would be able to use the item as if it were originally their own.
DESTROYED VEHICLES
It is also unrealistic for a transporting unit (I.e. trucks or half-tracks) TO automatically have their cargo units survive the destruction of the transporting vehicle. It is more likely than not that a transported unit not survive the destruction of their vehicle. This should not be applicable to towed support weapons.
BREAK DOWNS:
EVERYTHING should be subject to random break downs...just as a vehicle will be subject to bogging or breaking down whenever it's speed surpasses hunting speeds. so too should everything be held to the same restrictions (be it a machine gun or cannon, a flame thrower or vehicle) it should be subject to mechanical failure (or wear & tear), disabling the item until it A) IT repairs itself over time or (unlikely, but not unheard of) or B) a recovering unit passes an 'repair-qualification check' immediately returning the item to operational condition.
MALFUNCTIONS AND DUDS
Whenever an artillery or anti tank gun hits its target, the weapon should be subject to breakdown in order to determine if the gun malfunctions and renders the itself unusable (until repaired) and B) the shell itself, upon impact might be a dud round. (As in a game of squad leader I once played on a heavily detailed and accurate map of part of Stalingrad, (I strongly occupied Pavlov's house and my friend rolled up on me in a "Sturm-Infanteriegeschütz 33B (150mm main gun)" and he rolled a critical hit, which under normal circumstances, would do twice normal damage but the shell proved to be a dud.
DUST
This would be more prevalent in the desert environment, but whenever a vehicle moves across a sand tile, it would leave a dust column in it's wake, the height and density of the cloud subject to the vehicles type and speed,i.e. a fast moving tank would throw up a thicker, higher column then a half track moving at a slower speed. Also, explosions on a sandy or dusty tile would temporarily cause a short-lived dust cloud at the point of detonation, hindering visibility in or through that tile to a certain extent.. ...but over my time with BA, I've been upset by (imo) some glaring oversights and omissions...I love this game, and I think its quality makes it worthy of undergoing some accuracy "tweaks"
OK, that's all for now and I hope I don't seem too long winded. Goodnight and good fighting ( this is subject to further editing without notification)

Return to “Battle of the Scheldt Beta”