Details of Slitherine's sponsorship . . .

The FOG Digital League

Moderators: Slitherine Core, NewRoSoft, FoG PC Moderator, FoG: Leagues&Tourns&SeekingOpponents Subforums mods

stockwellpete
Field of Glory Moderator
Field of Glory Moderator

Details of Slitherine's sponsorship . . .

Post by stockwellpete »

“Slitherine is very pleased to be sponsoring the FOG Digital League. Tabletop wargaming has been a passion of ours for over 30 years now and we’re pleased to see Field of Glory is still going strong. May your dice never roll 1’s (unless of course you want them to!). Good luck!”

Iain McNeil, Slitherine Director of Development

How the prizes can be won!

Slitherine are sponsoring the FOG Digital League and have kindly donated prize vouchers to the value of $160. These can be spent in the Slitherine shop.

The arrangement the organisers have made with Slitherine is as follows. The league will definitely be running four sections in the first season – Classical Antiquity, Early Middle Ages, High Middle Ages and an "Eternal Empire" themed event. The prize fund will be split equally between the three sections, $40 each - a $25 first prize and a $15 second prize.

The prizes will be awarded to the players with the best, and second-best, overall records in Classical Antiquity, Early Middle Ages and High Middle Ages; and to the winner and runner-up of the "Eternal Empire" themed event .

To give a hypothetical example – the winner of Division C in Classical Antiquity wins all 9 of their league matches; the winner of Division B in Classical Antiquity wins 7, draws 1, and loses 1 of their league matches; and the Winner of Division A in Classical Antiquity wins 8 and loses 1.

The winner of Division C will win the $25 first prize for the Classical Antiquity section because they have the best overall record (a 100% success rate); the winner of Division A will win the $15 second prize as they have the second-best overall record (89%).

It is possible that two players from the same division could win both prizes – using the example above, if the top two players in Division C in Classical Antiquity both had a record of 8 wins and 1 draw then they would have better records than the winners of the other two divisions.

Where prize winners have the same playing record the prize money will be shared and each player will receive a voucher worth $20.

Individual players may win a maximum of two prizes each season. This is to ensure that the prizes are shared around as much as possible.

The sponsorship arrangements will be reviewed by Slitherine at the end of the first season.

stockwellpete, Turk1964 and voskarp (FOG Digital League)
stockwellpete
Field of Glory Moderator
Field of Glory Moderator

Re: Slitherine are sponsoring the FOG Digital League!

Post by stockwellpete »

I have spoken to Iain at Slitherine this week and the prize vouchers will all be issued to the winners early in the New Year.
stockwellpete
Field of Glory Moderator
Field of Glory Moderator

Post by stockwellpete »

The committee received some really good news today! Slitherine have agreed to sponsor Season 2 of the FOG Digital League to the sum of $200 in total. :D There will be a change inasmuch as players will only be able to win one prize each next time instead of the two they might win in Season 1. This change, which is being stipulated by Slitherine, will help to spread the prizes round a bit more.
stockwellpete
Field of Glory Moderator
Field of Glory Moderator

Post by stockwellpete »

As you all know, the FOG Digital League is sponsored by Slitherine, the company that produces the game. The prize voucher winners for Season 1 are as follows . . .

Classical Antiquity - Sharkall was the highest with 36 points and wins $25; Ironclad, Greetings 44 and Cunningcairn scored 32 points each and share $15 ($5 each)

Early Middle Ages - steve-h8 and Brenmusik scored 32 points each and share the $25 and $15 prizes ($20 each)

High Middle Ages - lydianed and Cunningcairn scored 32 points each and share the $25 and $15 prizes ($20 each)

Eternal Empire event - winner ericdoman1 $25; runner-up Londo $15

In addition, Slitherine also sponsored The Slitherine Trophy knock-out event which was won by ericdoman1 who will win a voucher worth $50; the runner-up was ianiow who will win a $25 prize.
stockwellpete
Field of Glory Moderator
Field of Glory Moderator

Post by stockwellpete »

The details of sponsorship arrangements with Slitherine for Season 2 are as follows . . .

How the prizes can be won!

Slitherine are sponsoring the FOG Digital League and have kindly donated prize vouchers to the value of $200. These can be spent in the Slitherine shop.

The arrangement the organisers have made with Slitherine is as follows. The league will definitely be running five sections in the first season – Classical Antiquity, Early Middle Ages, High Middle Ages and two sections in a "Classical Antiquity" themed event. The prize fund will be split equally between the five sections, $40 each - a $25 first prize and a $15 second prize.

The prizes will be awarded to the players with the best, and second-best, overall records in Classical Antiquity, Early Middle Ages and High Middle Ages; and to the winners and runners-up of the "Classical Antiquity" themed event.

In a change from the arrangements for season 1, Slitherine have stipulated that a player can only win one prize voucher in Season 2.
stockwellpete
Field of Glory Moderator
Field of Glory Moderator

Re: Details of Slitherine's sponsorship of Season 2 . . .

Post by stockwellpete »

I have just received the code numbers for the prize vouchers from Slitherine. I will be sending out PM's with the details this afternoon. The vouchers must be used within 3 months and they must be used up in one order from the Slitherine shop (i.e. you cannot use $10 for one purchase and save $10 for a later purchase).

Once again, I am sure we would all like to thank Slitherine for their support of this tournament. :D

Edit: All done now. Any problems then please contact me asap.
stockwellpete
Field of Glory Moderator
Field of Glory Moderator

Re: Details of Slitherine's sponsorship of Season 2 . . .

Post by stockwellpete »

Very important

Slitherine have now asked us to reduce the variability of the different amounts awarded in prizes in order to keep the amount of administration that they have to do. Apparently having to make vouchers for such diverse amounts as $25, $20, $15, $10 and $5 creates a bit of a headache for them.

So the committee has decided in future that all prizes will be the same size - $20. So, in Season 2, if you are one of the finalists in one of the pools in the themed event you will win $20 - before the winner won £25 and the runner-up $15. Similarly in the three main historical sections, two $20 prizes will be awarded for the best two playing records across the section, rather than a $25 first prize and a $15 second prize. I hope I have explained that clearly enough.

You may also be aware that Slitherine have also stipulated that in Season 2 players may only win one prize each. In Season 1 players could win up to 2 prizes.
stockwellpete
Field of Glory Moderator
Field of Glory Moderator

Season 2 prize voucher winners

Post by stockwellpete »

Here are the winners. Only one prize allowed per player. Basic prize value is $20.

Themed event Pool A - ianiow and Tiavals = $20 each
Themed event Pool B - Breogan and Turk1964 = $20 each
Classical Antiquity - Jonathan4290, CheAhn, claytonengel and Epicouros (all on 32pts) share 2x$20 prizes = $10 each
Early Middle Ages - Sharkall and kmaher (36 points each) = $20 each
High Middle Ages - mcfcivo and ericdoman1 (36 points each) = $20 each

This list will be submitted to Slitherine today and more details about the procedure for accessing the prizes will be released in due course.
stockwellpete
Field of Glory Moderator
Field of Glory Moderator

Re: Season 2 prize voucher winners

Post by stockwellpete »

I am still awaiting a response from Slitherine about the processing of these vouchers and whether Slitherine will be sponsoring Season 3.
stockwellpete
Field of Glory Moderator
Field of Glory Moderator

Re: Season 2 prize voucher winners

Post by stockwellpete »

I have been sent the voucher numbers for the winners from Season 2 today and I will be contacting those players shortly. I am expecting a decision from Slitherine about sponsorship for Season 3 in the next few days. :wink:
stockwellpete
Field of Glory Moderator
Field of Glory Moderator

Slitherine is sponsoring Season 3 of the FOGDL!

Post by stockwellpete »

It has been confirmed this morning that Slitherine will continue their sponsorship of the FOG Digital League on the same basis as Season 2. The prize fund will be $160, which will be spread equally between the four sections of the competition - Classical Antiquity, Early Middle Ages, High Middle Ages and the themed event. Two prizes of $20 will be allocated to each section and players may only win one prize per season - this is to ensure that a larger numbers of players have the opportunity to win a prize.

My thanks to Marco and the team at Slitherine for supporting our competition. :D
stockwellpete
Field of Glory Moderator
Field of Glory Moderator

Re: Slitherine is sponsoring Season 3 of the FOGDL!

Post by stockwellpete »

The expiry date for Season 2 vouchers is 31st August.
Epicouros
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Re: Slitherine is sponsoring Season 3 of the FOGDL!

Post by Epicouros »

stockwellpete wrote:The expiry date for Season 2 vouchers is 31st August.

That is strange, when I tried to buy the Battle Academy expansion pack with my voucher I got a message saying it was too late to use it. I had to pay full price. :(
stockwellpete
Field of Glory Moderator
Field of Glory Moderator

Re: Details of Slitherine's sponsorship . . .

Post by stockwellpete »

All the vouchers have been extended until 31st December so please use them on your next purchase.
stockwellpete
Field of Glory Moderator
Field of Glory Moderator

Post by stockwellpete »

The prize vouchers for Season 3 have been sent out today. All winners will have a PM from me. Thanks very much to Marco at Slitherine for handling this for us again. :D
stockwellpete
Field of Glory Moderator
Field of Glory Moderator

Slitherine are sponsoring Season 4 of the FOGDL!!

Post by stockwellpete »

Good news today. Slitherine have kindly agreed to continue their sponsorship of the FOGDL for the fourth consecutive season. :D The sponsorship will be worth $200 in prize vouchers to be spent in the Slitherine shop.

The prize vouchers will be allocated as follows . . .

Themed event - 2x$20 vouchers, one each for the winner of each pool.
Historical sections - 2x$20 vouchers for the two players with the most points across the divisions in each of Classical Antiquity, Later Antiquity, Early Middle Ages and High Middle Ages.

My thanks to Marco at Slitherine for facilitating this for us all again. :D
stockwellpete
Field of Glory Moderator
Field of Glory Moderator

Post by stockwellpete »

The prize vouchers for Season 4 have been sent out today. All winners now have a PM from me. Once again, thanks very much to Marco at Slitherine for organising this so promptly for us. :D

Return to “The FOG Digital League”