Any tips on winning at Stalingrad

Germany at War: Barbarossa 1941

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Germany at War: Barbarossa 1941 - Moderators

ME262
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Any tips on winning at Stalingrad

Post by ME262 »

Hello all, I have been playing this campaign and was handed a loss at Stalingrad.I was not able to procede any further,,,, on the campaign tree Makiop is the next scenario and then the end. I have tried everything to beat this one and no luck, any tips would be greatly accepted. :oops:
zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Re: Any tips on winning at Stalingrad

Post by zakblood »

take your time and don't rush it, better to go slow and have units left, than rush in and lose units for little gain, use the terrain, apart from that, good luck
ME262
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by ME262 »

thanks for your quick reply. what triggers a victory in this scenario? do I need to repair the blown bridge? I have captured all the victory hexes. do I need to destroy all the USSR units? just a bit puzzling..... thanks in advance :roll:
RonaldWendt
Phobetor
Phobetor

Post by RonaldWendt »

So the problem really is that you feel like you matched the victory conditions but they do work properly ? Then please provide a savegame so we can have a look at it.

Regards,
zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Post by zakblood »

think it's just some tips he after boss :)
RonaldWendt
Phobetor
Phobetor

Post by RonaldWendt »

Hi Jerome,

to win at Stalingrad you do not only have to storm the city but cross the Volga in full strengh to occupy the all hexes that could supply a Soviet response. You still had four unoccupied hexes:

On how to win: it depends on your initial force and the way you spread them. Some general hints are (best heed them from the start of the campaign):

- do not leave weak units alone, open flanks invite enemy attacks with reduced defence values of your unit
- even strong units (10+) are vulnarable to this AI tactic, so try to keep a close front whenever possible
- Regiments and batallions should usually only support attacks or finish enemies/guard rear areas - trying to achieve more with them often leads to their loss
- try to mass your units on a main axis to achieve your goals. Spreading them across a map will usually slow you down and increase you losses. Concentration of force will carry the losses to the enemy

Regards,
ME262
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by ME262 »

Hello Ronald, thank you for such a quick reply. it"s obvious I have really missed more than a few of the victory conditions! thanks again for looking at that screen shot and game file..... now its back to the front too see if I can achieve a victory on this particular scenario. thank you.

Return to “Germany at War: Barbarossa 1941”