New Tabletop Rules Update for Community Version (1.11)

Forum for the strategy game set during the 2nd War for Armageddon.

Moderators: Slitherine Core, BA Moderators, WH40K Armageddon moderators

Japhet
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Re: New Tabletop Rules Update for Community Version (1.11)

Post by Japhet »

That would be nice, because in tabletop there are some weapons like the volcano cannon that deal extra damage against titans, but not other vehicles.
deranzo
Warhammer Designer
Warhammer Designer

Post by deranzo »

Japhet wrote: Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:19 pm That would be nice, because in tabletop there are some weapons like the volcano cannon that deal extra damage against titans, but not other vehicles.
I'm not expert on tabletop but isn't volcano cannon too powerful so even titans suffer from it? It would be unrealistic if a volcano cannon deals more damage to titans than Leman Russ tanks.
it is a good day to die
DocDesastro
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by DocDesastro »

It would obliterate a Leman Russ and be able to easily damage a titan. I remember in a previous edition that this one weapon prevented saving throws so it burned terminators to a crisp. Imperial Armour books of the old was it? But yes, a weapon that needs its own fusion reactor should be powerful as heck.
toupou
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Post by toupou »

it's nice to see that you're still working in the game
i can't play much at the moment, i may end unemployed. real life, man, real life... perhaps in a few months, if real life gets better.

i peeked a little, nice additions.

btw, the file you uploaded doesn't have the weapons.whdat file, so there are a lot of UNKNOWN WEAPON.

i have an idea in my mind of a new campaign with a light regiment, with only infantry, tauros, scout sentinels and valkyries
sadly i don't have the time to create that now
it's a shame that you can't make valkyries units pick up infantry and transport them... instead of having a valkyrie transport for each infantry squad
deranzo
Warhammer Designer
Warhammer Designer

Post by deranzo »

toupou wrote: Sun Aug 05, 2018 9:18 pm
btw, the file you uploaded doesn't have the weapons.whdat file, so there are a lot of UNKNOWN WEAPON.
They all should be fixed now.
it is a good day to die
nooobody
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Post by nooobody »

Thanks for the great work, but the community version won't start after a windows update. Here's the error message:

The application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b)

directX: 12
dxdiag found no problem
vc++ runtime: 2017, 2013, 2012, 2010, 2008, 2005
.net framework: 4.7.2 and 3.5

I reinstalled directx and restarted many times but this issue isn't solved.

The steam version armageddon and all other games run just fine, only the community version broke.
deranzo
Warhammer Designer
Warhammer Designer

Post by deranzo »

nooobody wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 3:45 am Thanks for the great work, but the community version won't start after a windows update. Here's the error message:

The application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b)

directX: 12
dxdiag found no problem
vc++ runtime: 2017, 2013, 2012, 2010, 2008, 2005
.net framework: 4.7.2 and 3.5

I reinstalled directx and restarted many times but this issue isn't solved.

The steam version armageddon and all other games run just fine, only the community version broke.
Sorry for late reply.
I have just checked and mine is working correctly.
I have Win 10,
Build: 1803,
OS Build: 17134.285
VC Runtime Version: 2017
.Net Framework Version: 4.7

It can be about your .Net Framework and VC++ Runtime version.
it is a good day to die
hammerade

Post by hammerade »

Does this update work for Mac?
deranzo
Warhammer Designer
Warhammer Designer

Post by deranzo »

hammerade wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 12:24 am Does this update work for Mac?
Sadly no. Update had been developed just for Windows (as new .exe file)
it is a good day to die
RC01214

Post by RC01214 »

Would it be possible for the TankKiller and InfantryKiller traits to add 10 or more damage per attack against a corresponding unit? (More than now) This should be similar to the 8th edition D# damage rules. There is also an Area weapon trait: can that be modified to add 10 or so damage to infantry units?
Kolaris
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by Kolaris »

Downloaded the community edition and this mod.

Some of the new traits don't seem to be working. Siege and Heavy at the least, through looking at accuracy projections, don't have any effect.

EDIT: Ok, they don't update the accuracy projections, but they do update the kill projections. Heavy though doesn't seem to have much of an effect - 10 or 20% accuracy loss maybe?

I'm also not exactly sure what 'Melta' does. If I give it to a unit that has no accuracy loss from range, there isn't a difference between firing at one range or two.

The 'MoveAndShoot' trait seems to increase a units accuracy at all times, and the unit still suffers from the 'Heavy' penalty. Example, a Basilisk with 'Heavy' is projected to kill 9 Gretchins and 7 if it moves. If I give the Basilisk 'MoveAndShoot' and restart the scenario, it's projected to kill 11 Gretchins and 10 if it moves.

The 'Terror' trait seems to be bugged. It influences combat results when it shouldn't. I was confused why my Steel Legion Flamers were doing bonus damage vs units in cover rather than simply lowering/removing the cover bonus. Turns out the 'Terror' trait was responsible.
deranzo
Warhammer Designer
Warhammer Designer

Post by deranzo »

Kolaris wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 7:41 am Downloaded the community edition and this mod.

Some of the new traits don't seem to be working. Siege and Heavy at the least, through looking at accuracy projections, don't have any effect.

EDIT: Ok, they don't update the accuracy projections, but they do update the kill projections. Heavy though doesn't seem to have much of an effect - 10 or 20% accuracy loss maybe?

I'm also not exactly sure what 'Melta' does. If I give it to a unit that has no accuracy loss from range, there isn't a difference between firing at one range or two.

The 'MoveAndShoot' trait seems to increase a units accuracy at all times, and the unit still suffers from the 'Heavy' penalty. Example, a Basilisk with 'Heavy' is projected to kill 9 Gretchins and 7 if it moves. If I give the Basilisk 'MoveAndShoot' and restart the scenario, it's projected to kill 11 Gretchins and 10 if it moves.

The 'Terror' trait seems to be bugged. It influences combat results when it shouldn't. I was confused why my Steel Legion Flamers were doing bonus damage vs units in cover rather than simply lowering/removing the cover bonus. Turns out the 'Terror' trait was responsible.
- Melta effects situation if you are adjacent to enemy unit.

- Terror trait effects unit morale. Units with low morale take more damage (you can see it as color change of unit numbers). So, doing bonus damage looks correct. It should work like that.
Siege trait lowers cover bonuses. Not Terror trait.

- I will check MoveAndShoot again.
it is a good day to die
Kolaris
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by Kolaris »

Thanks for your response.

So after further testing, it seems to be an issue with 'Terror' and 'Siege' interacting.

Here's a Flamer squad that has both traits. It does more damage to the Grots in cover than the ones in the open.

Here I've removed the 'Terror' trait and 'Siege' seems to be working fine on its own.

EDIT: Neither forum attachments nor linking seems to be working. Here's a link to an album.

https://imgur.com/a/YdZEe24

Of course, in the mod the only times these traits are used together is the Chem Cannon and Titan Mega-Bolter, so probably not a big deal. But it would be nice if the interaction was fixed so modders could use them more liberally.

EDIT2: I was attempting a rework of the combat model with *10 shots but /10 accuracy and noticed a couple things. The "Heavy" trait malus is subtracted from accuracy rather than multiplied, meaning it hurts low accuracy units proportionally much more. Even worse, the "Heavy" trait is actually treated as a bonus added onto a weapons stats, which is removed if the unit has moved. So it's always better to have the trait rather than not.

Have to say I'm pretty disappointed by most of the new traits. Very few work as you'd expect. The 4th weapon slot is nice though.

I know the original Community update was done using the game's source code. Since you've added some additional traits deranzo, do you also possess the code? I'd love to take a look at it and see if I can address these issues and others, like the 4-range limitation.

Return to “Warhammer® 40,000® Armageddon™”