A community update for Armageddon!

Forum for the strategy game set during the 2nd War for Armageddon.

Moderators: Slitherine Core, BA Moderators, WH40K Armageddon moderators

AlbertoC
Slitherine
Slitherine

A community update for Armageddon!

Post by AlbertoC »

A few months ago Slitherine was contacted by a computer engineer from Turkey (birthplace of the Emperor, beloved by all) called Gunes Kuday. He is a fan of Warhammer 40,000: Armageddon and he proposed to work on a free update for it. There were some aspects of the game he wanted to improve, so we gave him the source code and he has worked since then to expand the game.

We are happy to announce that the first community update for Warhammer 40,000: Armageddon is now ready!

It is a completely free and optional update, one that you can now download easily from HERE. It is stand-alone, you just need to have the base version of Armageddon installed on your computer (either the Slitherine or Steam version).

To play it, after downloading, unzip the files and put them in a new folder on your hard drive, not in your game files folder, and run ArmageddonGame.exe as an administrator.
Exe should be in like C:\Warhammer 40000 Armageddon not like C:\Warhammer 40000 Armageddon\Warhammer 40000 Armageddon. If you do like second style, you may have an error and can't play the game.

It is a stand-alone: you can just download, place the files in a new folder, and play, without needing to install anything! You only need the base game installed on a different folder on your computer.

Thank you so much Gunes for your hard work!

For this occasion, we are also putting Armageddon and all its DLCs on sale for one week! Don’t miss it!

Community Version has been updated to 8th Edition Update. you can download and read the changes here: viewtopic.php?f=235&t=83390

New features

- Fourth weapon option to any unit and new GUI

It is now possible to mod the game and add a fourth weapon to any unit, and it will be shown in every screen in the game! Furthermore, Baneblades were given extra weapons to fill the 4th slot, and they are now more powerful than before.

- Siege weapon trait

Now the “siege” weapon trait makes it ignore half of the target’s cover bonus, making all siege weapons really good at hitting units in cover.

- Terror weapon trait

Now weapons with the Terror trait will cause 10 points of extra morale damage, making them extremely effective at destroying the enemy morale.

- AA Weapon trait

AA Weapons will now have 100% accuracy against Flying units. Did you ever find that those deffkoptas were a thorn in your side? Fear no more and use those AA guns!

2 new cheats
- "give attack" command: This cheat gives you 1 extra attack action. To disable it you must write it again or you will have unlimited attack actions.
- "give move" command: This cheat gives you 1 move action by unit's actual movement. For example if a unit moves 2 hexes by its actual movement, this cheat will give you 2 hex movement. To disable it you must write it again or you will have unlimited move actions.

New minor update
- Now AA weapons only attacks flyers, not ground units. And ground based weapons such as tank's cannons, bolters, artillery etc. can't attack flyers. This is checked automatically before attacking if defender is a flyer or not.
deranzo
Warhammer Designer
Warhammer Designer

Re: A community update for Armageddon!

Post by deranzo »

Hi guys.

- Now, you can add 4 weapon to any unit in the game. To Orks, Steel Legion and all Space Marines.
- AA weapons affect related units much more. For example you can see flyer units can't evade AA weapons anymore.
- Terror weapons really destroys unit morale now.
- Siege weapons do significant damage to any unit in cover. They are "real siege weapons" now. And also you can see Siege trait icon in unit details GUI which wasn't exist before.

All changes are also dlc compatible. You can use them in your dlcs too.

I hope you will enjoy new features!

A very quick mention: First screenshot is just for demonstration to 4th weapon. Macharius Vanquisher doesn't have 2 Stormshard Mortars actually =) But it's a demonstration that you can add any weapon to any unit and it will have proper GUI view, animation and sound effects!
it is a good day to die
Parallax
Twitch Fidelity Award 2017

Post by Parallax »

Thank you, Gunes! I love Armageddon so much. I want MORE updates, MOOOOOOOORE :D
Parallax

Post by Parallax »

btw, dropbox link is reached its daily traffic limit :wink: Please, put this file on matrix ftp
AlbertoC
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by AlbertoC »

Done!

You can download it from this link: click here.
alanhunt
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Post by alanhunt »

I'm running into an issue when trying to run the updated version. I downloaded and copied everything into a different folder. However, when I attempt to run it, I get "you need to have a full version...." at which point it closes. I have the Steam version of the game, but it apparently isn't seeing it for some reason. Suggestions?

Thank you,
Alan
deranzo
Warhammer Designer
Warhammer Designer

Post by deranzo »

alanhunt wrote:I'm running into an issue when trying to run the updated version. I downloaded and copied everything into a different folder. However, when I attempt to run it, I get "you need to have a full version...." at which point it closes. I have the Steam version of the game, but it apparently isn't seeing it for some reason. Suggestions?

Thank you,
Alan
Is steam running in the background?
it is a good day to die
deranzo
Warhammer Designer
Warhammer Designer

Post by deranzo »

I have created a topic for suggestions and bug reports for new version. Please write in there from now on.

viewtopic.php?f=235&t=79544
it is a good day to die
alanhunt

Post by alanhunt »

deranzo wrote:
alanhunt wrote:I'm running into an issue when trying to run the updated version. I downloaded and copied everything into a different folder. However, when I attempt to run it, I get "you need to have a full version...." at which point it closes. I have the Steam version of the game, but it apparently isn't seeing it for some reason. Suggestions?

Thank you,
Alan
Yes, Steam is running. I even tried launching the original game and then switching out and launching the update version; still get the error. I also uninstalled the original from within Steam, and reinstalled it, but still received the same error message when running the updated version.
deranzo
Warhammer Designer
Warhammer Designer

Post by deranzo »

alanhunt wrote:
deranzo wrote:

Thank you,
Alan
Yes, Steam is running. I even tried launching the original game and then switching out and launching the update version; still get the error. I also uninstalled the original from within Steam, and reinstalled it, but still received the same error message when running the updated version.
I have sent a PM for very possible solution about this problem alanhunt. Another user was having exactly same problem and we have fixed very easily. Please check your inbox.
it is a good day to die
deranzo
Warhammer Designer
Warhammer Designer

Post by deranzo »

For anyone having mission selection bug, download this and extract it to your game folder: https://www.dropbox.com/s/poqinumjst64x ... e.rar?dl=0
it is a good day to die
nexusno2000
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by nexusno2000 »

Does this even work now?

Was the broken campaign choice dialog fixed?

There was a "fix" a while back, but the only thing it did was made it impossible to play the game, as it required me "to have the full game" (which I obviously do).

Also, is there ONE download available, rather than X number of fixes?
Green Knight
https://www.youtube.com/c/GreenKnight2001
nexusno2000
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by nexusno2000 »

nexusno2000 wrote:Does this even work now?

Was the broken campaign choice dialog fixed?

There was a "fix" a while back, but the only thing it did was made it impossible to play the game, as it required me "to have the full game" (which I obviously do).

Also, is there ONE download available, rather than X number of fixes?
Hmm, found the answer myself. Apparently there is. Will try it out.
Green Knight
deranzo
Warhammer Designer
Warhammer Designer

Post by deranzo »

Broken dialog box is fixed
it is a good day to die
nexusno2000
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by nexusno2000 »

I can now start the 1.11 patch.

But only the basic campaigns are available.

Ork hunters, Space marines etc. are present in the content folder, but in the menu they are grey and I get the "buy" dialog if I click them.

I do oc have all the extra campaigns on my steam game.
Green Knight
nexusno2000
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by nexusno2000 »

The "Patch notes" button on startup shows the 1.10.12c readme.

Patch number in game is 1.11

Maybe add a new readme?
Green Knight
nexusno2000
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by nexusno2000 »

deranzo wrote:Broken dialog box is fixed
Confirmed.
Green Knight
nexusno2000
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by nexusno2000 »

nexusno2000 wrote:I can now start the 1.11 patch.

But only the basic campaigns are available.

Ork hunters, Space marines etc. are present in the content folder, but in the menu they are grey and I get the "buy" dialog if I click them.

I do oc have all the extra campaigns on my steam game.
Ok, I don't think this is a bug after all.

Steam has forgotten all my DLC for Armageddon, so it's probably nothing to do with the patch.
Green Knight
deranzo
Warhammer Designer
Warhammer Designer

Post by deranzo »

New minor update: Now AA weapons only attacks flyers, not ground units. And ground based weapons such as tank's cannons, bolters, artillery etc. can't attack flyers. Thus, WH40K Armageddon is more realistic game now.

Note: I didn't added this option directly into the game because maybe some players prefer old attacking mechanic. So it's optional. If you want to apply it, just download the file below and put it into your base game folder and overwrite.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/on9gu4fe2md0a ... e.rar?dl=0
it is a good day to die
Parallax

Post by Parallax »

Very interesting update, but seems very unbalanced without replasement enemy units in scenarios and campaigns

Return to “Warhammer® 40,000® Armageddon™”