Cover and line of sight question

Forum for the strategy game set during the 2nd War for Armageddon.

Moderators: Slitherine Core, BA Moderators, WH40K Armageddon moderators

olsta
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Cover and line of sight question

Post by olsta »

Can someone explain how this works?

Firstly, does cover and line of sight start on the hex you are presently occupying?
Secondly, do all the hexes in-between you and the target add up? (penalties and bonuses)

For eg.

My Steel legion anti tank support is 3 hexes away from a Deff Dread with Big Shotas (2 empty hexes between us).
- The hex I'm in provides 20% cover and blocks line of sight by 20%.
- The hex to my right (between the Deff Dread and me) is a Hill and this blocks line of sight by 30%.

Now, so far have we already got 50% line of sight blockage based solely on the two hexes alone?

Further to the right, adjacent to the Deff Dread is a Sparse Dead Forest which is 10% line of sight blockage, and 25% cover.
Is this now 60% line of sight blockage and 45% cover??? (my hex is 20% and this forest is 25%)

Lastly, One more hex is present which is adjacent to the Deff Dread, this one is top-left of the last hex I mentioned, but by line of sight it's still between us two (visually speaking) so it counts i suppose. This hex is a Hill and once again is 30% line of sight blockage....

Does this now collectively make it 80% LOS block and 45% cover between the two units? This is not including the Deff Dreads hex as his hex is Wasteland and gives him no line of sight penalties or a cover boon.

Once i understand this, I'll be golden....

Hope all the above makes sense....

Regards,
Last edited by olsta on Sat Jul 02, 2016 3:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
olsta

Re: Cover and line of sight question

Post by olsta »

Hi,

If this is double dutch to anyone i can't certainly re-phrase my question lol
olsta

Post by olsta »

I edited my question....it was supposed to read 60%. Now fixed
Dino_SWE
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by Dino_SWE »

Sorry for late answer. You might wanna check out the Steam forum aswell as it might be more active.

In any case, my impression is that cover is applied on the unit occupying the hex, while LoS is added from hexes between the combatants.
Some structures have a 100% LoS blockage, yet you can stand on the and shoot out, just not 'through'. Unless you have the indirect fire trait.

Return to “Warhammer® 40,000® Armageddon™”