Scenarios too short.

Forum for the strategy game set during the 2nd War for Armageddon.

Moderators: Slitherine Core, BA Moderators, WH40K Armageddon moderators

cj95
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Scenarios too short.

Post by cj95 »

First of all...I love the game. The setting, the variety of units, and especially the sound design is just plain old fun.

That said, I have a question about the scenario design especially as it pertains to number of units an number of turns.

I'm finding myself using poor tactics generally because I'm in such a hurry to rush across the map in the time alotted.

Was wondering if there was a way to extend the time limit...perhaps by 50% or so.

Again, much kudos for the game.
enpi
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Re: Scenarios too short.

Post by enpi »

+1 to this.

there should be an ingame selectable option like "+5 turns more" or so. Usually I dont like tight time restrictions for scenarios.

Scenarios are not only too short but also too small. For epic 40k feeling some of them should be gigantic! (maybe 3-5 times the size of forces and area)
Dalnar
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Post by Dalnar »

Well if you had more turns you would not be under time pressure, had always time to replenish losses and that would make the scenarios a little too easy.
cj95

Post by cj95 »

Dalnar wrote:Well if you had more turns you would not be under time pressure, had always time to replenish losses and that would make the scenarios a little too easy.

True, but the instant reinforcements is another thing that bugs me....where did they come from all of the sudden?

How about give us a a list of forces and that's it...you use this team to accomplish your objective and that's all you get.

But we have time to decide on a plan other than 'better hurry up and charge into their teeth because im running out of time,'

Don't get me wrong, I love the game, but Im just hoping for a few details to make it more realistic. (in a sci fi game)

P.S. Dead vehicles once they get destroyed would be AWESOME :P
Tmark

Post by Tmark »

Have you played Panzer Corps? This is a true race for time game :)
enpi
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by enpi »

Tmark wrote:Have you played Panzer Corps? This is a true race for time game :)

Yeah, but I like this game much more than PC. Its furios and fast and so it should be in 40k. Today I played one of the scenarios of the smurf campaign and it was wild and nailbiting close. But in the end I thought: man, that was more warhammer feeling than I had ever in the tabletop!
Tmark

Post by Tmark »

Good to know, just bought the whole pack, base game + all DLCs. I am in for a treat :)

Return to “Warhammer® 40,000® Armageddon™”