Dedicated TANKS, as mentioned by Kerensky

Forum for the strategy game set during the 2nd War for Armageddon.

Moderators: Slitherine Core, BA Moderators, WH40K Armageddon moderators

Curator
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Dedicated TANKS, as mentioned by Kerensky

Post by Curator »

About transport option - it is a bit silly, that purchasing combat transport is not push up unit ability to fight. Chimeras and Land Raiders not bus from WW2, they firepower (and cost!) can be much more than squad to whom they dedicated. Maybe units with combat vechicle should be have bonus to the stats, to represent firepower of his tanks?

As mentioned by Kerensky in theme of firedrakes - firedrakes for example cost 425 and they LR cost 500... so whom is support for whom? :)

I understand that transport system for armageddon is same as panzer corps... But it is not in soul with wh40k.
Can be transport vehicles change in future DLC? If it is not in plan - simplest path is to boost stats of infantry with purchasing dedicated tanks such LandRaiders, Razorbacks and Chimeras, Gorgon.
GenNikolaj
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Re: Dedicated TANKS, as mentioned by Kerensky

Post by GenNikolaj »

I fully agree, the appearence of dedicated transport can severly push unit's ability to withstand and deal damage- this especially the case with Gorgons (armed heavier than several IG and HW squads together) and even more so with Land Raiders. I would also add that Terminators and SM's alike should be able to choose between Rhino transport and Land Raiders, as it occurs in WH 40k
HeadWar
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Post by HeadWar »

GenNikolaj wrote:I would also add that Terminators and SM's alike should be able to choose between Rhino transport and Land Raiders, as it occurs in WH 40k
In the tabletop game, Terminators cannot enter Rhinos, they are too bulky. And except for Terminators, it would generally only be command units that have Land Raiders as dedicated transport.
GenNikolaj
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by GenNikolaj »

HeadWar wrote:
GenNikolaj wrote:I would also add that Terminators and SM's alike should be able to choose between Rhino transport and Land Raiders, as it occurs in WH 40k
In the tabletop game, Terminators cannot enter Rhinos, they are too bulky. And except for Terminators, it would generally only be command units that have Land Raiders as dedicated transport.
In fifth edition they could, taking to times the space. And that was the last one I had time and friends to play with :P

Return to “Warhammer® 40,000® Armageddon™”