Futere factions/chapters

Forum for the strategy game set during the 2nd War for Armageddon.

Moderators: Slitherine Core, BA Moderators, WH40K Armageddon moderators

bram1979
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Futere factions/chapters

Post by bram1979 »

Will there be any:

Chaos
Tau
Necrons
Nids! :mrgreen:
Eldar

And

Other space marine chapters
Or
Imperial Guard

And more special characters? With special rules/powers like psykers or chaplains?

Yes I play 40k :mrgreen:
zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Re: Futere factions/chapters

Post by zakblood »

depends on owners regarding licence tbh
bram1979
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by bram1979 »

Isn't this game aproved by GW then?
lordzimoa
Lordz Games Studio
Lordz Games Studio

Post by lordzimoa »

According to the current official GW licence, we are allowed to work within the WH 40K lore with material that has to do with the three wars on Armageddon.

So this first release is the start of a games series, over the coming three years there will be much more content/updates/expansions/ etc. coming, but limited to the Armageddon Wars.

But for races not covered withing the Armageddon Wars... we cannot do anything official unless GW would eg. grant a new or extended licence.

Of course modders can do what they want and I`me pretty sure we will see soon some quality free community mods covering more exotic races.
bram1979
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by bram1979 »

lordzimoa wrote:According to the current official GW licence, we are allowed to work within the WH 40K lore with material that has to do with the three wars on Armageddon.

So this first release is the start of a games series, over the coming three years there will be much more content/updates/expansions/ etc. coming, but limited to the Armageddon Wars.

But for races not covered withing the Armageddon Wars... we cannot do anything official unless GW would eg. grant a new or extended licence.

Of course modders can do what they want and I`me pretty sure we will see soon some quality free community mods covering more exotic races.
Got it :D
Still an awesome game!
Okim
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Post by Okim »

I`ve just realized that there are no Weirdboys in the game, but I do recall seeing them on one of the screenshots.
Hm... Looking at the screenshots I also see an Ork Fighta and I haven`t seen it available in the game. Guess these caused issues and were removed until addressed?

Regarding the mods - knowing the GW policy I`m afraid that mods will be rather scarce...
Lords of The Stars Board Game - my personal WIP project.
Joubarbe
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by Joubarbe »

lordzimoa wrote:modders can do what they want
Nothing to do with the GW policy then.
rezaf
Colonel - Fallschirmjäger
Colonel - Fallschirmjäger

Post by rezaf »

Okim wrote:I`ve just realized that there are no Weirdboys in the game, but I do recall seeing them on one of the screenshots.
They're in the game, at least in one mission...
_____
rezaf
Okim

Post by Okim »

Joubarbe wrote:
lordzimoa wrote:modders can do what they want
If you make a decent mod that brings the gameplay too close to the table top game (with cool new factions and table top mechanics) I think you`ll get some bad attention from the GW ;)
Lords of The Stars Board Game - my personal WIP project.
Xadie
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by Xadie »

bram1979 wrote:
lordzimoa wrote:According to the current official GW licence, we are allowed to work within the WH 40K lore with material that has to do with the three wars on Armageddon.

hmmmm... so just by the Armageddon Wars you could bring in:

Chaos Space Marines (1. Armageddon War), various Legions with allegiance to Khorne
(Khorne) Chaos Daemons (1. Armageddon War)
Legio Vulcanum II (1.), Chaos (undevided) Titan force & Legio Mortis, Nurgle Titan Force =)
Guard Traitors, Daemon Covens, Mutants, all the nice stuff
Grey Knights (1.)
Space Wolves (1.)

Adepta Soritas (3. Armageddon War)
Black Templars (3.)
a whopping amount of 22 additional space marine chapters, that aren't yet in the game (though practically all of them are pretty much recolors)
among the imperial guard we got detachments from all over the galaxy: from Catachan jungle fighters to Death Korps of Krieg... (also a lot of recoloring)
Apart from Imperial Titan Forces the Adeptus Mechanicus provide several Skitarii regiments.
For funnsies even Adeptus Arbites had some troops participating.
a good amount of assassins.
... so pretty much all of the empire of men various military organisation have been participating.

Did I forgot someone?
riuminkd
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Post by riuminkd »

Xadie wrote:
bram1979 wrote:

Chaos Space Marines (1. Armageddon War), various Legions with allegiance to Khorne
(Khorne) Chaos Daemons (1. Armageddon War)
Legio Vulcanum II (1.), Chaos (undevided) Titan force & Legio Mortis, Nurgle Titan Force =)
Guard Traitors, Daemon Covens, Mutants, all the nice stuff
Grey Knights (1.)
Space Wolves (1.)

Adepta Soritas (3. Armageddon War)
Black Templars (3.)
a whopping amount of 22 additional space marine chapters, that aren't yet in the game (though practically all of them are pretty much recolors)
among the imperial guard we got detachments from all over the galaxy: from Catachan jungle fighters to Death Korps of Krieg... (also a lot of recoloring)
Apart from Imperial Titan Forces the Adeptus Mechanicus provide several Skitarii regiments.
For funnsies even Adeptus Arbites had some troops participating.
a good amount of assassins.
... so pretty much all of the empire of men various military organisation have been participating.

Did I forgot someone?
You forgot Deathwatch Kill-Teams (yes, they participate in 3rd war), Ordinati (great as auxiliary units) and STORMTROOPERS.
lordzimoa
Lordz Games Studio
Lordz Games Studio

Post by lordzimoa »

Of course it does as mods are free and non-commercial.

And I doubt GW would indeed even allow a free mod if it would come in conflict with their commercial interests eg. a free game that would exactly mimick thier TT rules.

It is quite simple they invented their lore, they own their lore and IP and the will always protect their IP and lore, and rightly so...

We were granted an official licence from Games Workshop as explained above covering the Armageddon Wars, not less or more unless we ask and get permission or a new licence as it is GW`s property and IP, not ours or anyone else, and we will respect that.
lordzimoa
Lordz Games Studio
Lordz Games Studio

Post by lordzimoa »

I cannot comment on this in detail at this time for obvious reasons, just repeat what we have been saying all the time: this is just the beginning of a huge game series and there is a lot, lot more coming in the upcoming months and years... if you are a WH 40K fan or a hexbased turned based fan, or even beter: both, you are in for one big spoil for a long time to come...
DownTheDrain

Post by DownTheDrain »

lordzimoa wrote: I cannot comment on this in detail at this time for obvious reasons, just repeat what we have been saying all the time: this is just the beginning of a huge game series and there is a lot, lot more coming in the upcoming months and years... if you are a WH 40K fan or a hexbased turned based fan, or even beter: both, you are in for one big spoil for a long time to come...
Not to be a dick, but this sounds a bit like what we heard before Destiny was launched. Content for the next 10 years and all that...until the actual product brought us back down to earth rather quickly.
I'm not saying that Armageddon is a bad game but, at least in my opinion, there certainly is room for improvement before you turn this into a "huge series".
lordzimoa
Lordz Games Studio
Lordz Games Studio

Post by lordzimoa »

Fair, but we did it before with the Panzer Corps series we released summer 2011, put in 23 patches and updates and next year in 2015 is still getting new Content, one of them announced being Sovied Corps but more TBA, so yes the proof will be in the pudding and on this one all I can say, keep the faith...
bram1979
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by bram1979 »

lordzimoa wrote:all I can say, keep the faith...
For the Emperor
DownTheDrain

Post by DownTheDrain »

lordzimoa wrote:Fair, but we did it before with the Panzer Corps series we released summer 2011, put in 23 patches and updates and next year in 2015 is still getting new Content, one of them announced being Sovied Corps but more TBA, so yes the proof will be in the pudding and on this one all I can say, keep the faith...
I haven't played the Panzer Corps series because it is set in WW2.
As much as I love turn-based strategy, I've seen enough games in that time period to last me a lifetime and a half.
Judging by the metacritic ratings and word of mouth you did a great job with it though, so you have a valid point.

That said, I'm not exactly a fan of releasing early and adding content piecemeal, but I understand that there are often (financial) constraints that make such an approach necessary.
Guess I'll have to wait and see.
Xadie
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by Xadie »

lordzimoa wrote:Fair, but we did it before with the Panzer Corps series we released summer 2011, put in 23 patches and updates and next year in 2015 is still getting new Content, one of them announced being Sovied Corps but more TBA, so yes the proof will be in the pudding and on this one all I can say, keep the faith...
Yeaaah, the great patch history of Panzer Corps and the recommendation from ThreeMovesAhead for Pike&Shot actually made me buy WH40k:Armageddon. I'm a huge strategy game nerd and love the wh40k setting. Also i really think this game is pretty solid, it just some balancing/design stuff that annoy me to no end, thats why i try to push so much the trait request thread. Give me the tools and I can change it myself ;D
Actually I spend now more time pondering about balance and editing in the editor than actually playing the game ^_^ But it's actually fun and I have a good excuse to spend hours over hours reading WH40k Codex Books and Fluff-Supplements.
Velihopea
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Post by Velihopea »

lordzimoa wrote:I cannot comment on this in detail at this time for obvious reasons, just repeat what we have been saying all the time: this is just the beginning of a huge game series and there is a lot, lot more coming in the upcoming months and years... if you are a WH 40K fan or a hexbased turned based fan, or even beter: both, you are in for one big spoil for a long time to come...
Great news! Had worried about the volumes of sales etc etc but this sounds that Armageddon is selling quite well.

Never got into Panzer Corps myself, got only about 25 hours or so on that, while armageddon is running currently at 40 hours. Facing Chaos is good DLC content, but I'm a bit worried how much additional DLC's you can sell with just Chaos, Humans and Orks? Especially another humans versus Orks campaign might not sell that well.

Return to “Warhammer® 40,000® Armageddon™”