Editing rosters, custom pictures

Buzz Aldrin's Space Program Manager (SPM) Road to the Moon is the ultimate game of space exploration.

Moderators: Nacho84, N_Molson

tjsnh
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Editing rosters, custom pictures

Post by tjsnh »

Hi all.

A thread, with some findings and a couple of questions, about adding custom people into the game's roster.

It looks as if the roster for the 3 "factions" are contained in XML files here : Buzz Aldrin's Space Program Manager\SPM-Windows_Data\Scripts\Data Scripts\General Container
(AstronautCandidates-GSA.xml , and so on, at the top of the directory.)

The formatting of this file is very basic and should be simplistic to edit:
For "generic" listings: <Candidate GlobalID="5002" Name="Vladislav Molchanov" />
For listings with a custom picture: <Candidate GlobalID='25' Name='Yuri Gagarin' HasOwnPortrait='true' />

So it uses the HasOwnPortrait argument, but doesnt specify here what portrait or where. In poking around, I found this directory:
Buzz Aldrin's Space Program Manager\SPM-Windows_Data\AssetBundles\Portraits\Photos\ASTRONAUTS

Which looks to contain the pictures. It's full of unity3d files like "Yuri Gagarin.unity3d" so it seems likely that if the game finds an astronaut with the HasOwnPortrait flag set to True, it looks in this directory for a portrait file with the same name.
The .unity3d asset files indicate the game was produced with the Unity development engine (which I had long suspected, and use myself - and which boggles my mind why nobody at Slitherine could take the 20 minutes to compile a linux port ... but that's a whole other 10 page rant I won't get into ...)

So my first question is : does anyone with unity experience know how to import the name.unity3d files into a project for editing?
Or know how to create clean .unity3d portraits in a format BASPM will parse?
Kalesin
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie

Re: Editing rosters, custom pictures

Post by Kalesin »

More info in this steam thread: Custom photos
Mach25
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Re: Editing rosters, custom pictures

Post by Mach25 »

So I followed the instructions in the Steam thread, and seem to have broken the image of Buzz Aldrin. Are there specific guidelines for the format of the image asset when it is imported into Unity? Do the dimensions have to be a specific size in order to work? Are there settings within Unity that have to be correct in order for the saved asset to appear correctly in the game? I'm completely new to Unity, so I'm wondering if there's something I missed...Help!

Return to “Buzz Aldrin's Space Program Manager”