[Suggestion] Family Tech Tree?

Buzz Aldrin's Space Program Manager (SPM) Road to the Moon is the ultimate game of space exploration.

Moderators: Nacho84, N_Molson

piggysanTH
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

[Suggestion] Family Tech Tree?

Post by piggysanTH »

Hello^^
I think we should have family tech tree(I don't know that did I call it correct :oops: ) It like.When you finish research R-7 Sputnik to maximum safety. And when you start research R-7 Vostok.You will get some safety bonus(Like 10%).Because in fact it is in same family.Just different variants.
[Sorry for bad English.I'm thai :oops: ]
stratochief66
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Re: [Suggestion] Family Tech Tree?

Post by stratochief66 »

I feel they are already trying to do that with the "Initial Reliability" increases as earlier rockets are improved.

I would say that very related rockets should produce greater synergies in later rockets.

On the Soviet side, the R7 rockets are quite related, some more-so than others.

Currently the maximum initial reliability is capped at 63%, which I think is almost too fair for unrelated rocket trees. However, I think that for extremely related rockets, like the Lunik / Vostok / Molnya R-7 models, higher initial reliability technology transfer would make a great deal of sense.

On the American side, such an increased boost would help justify development of the Saturn I, which is currently only useful for the Pegasus satellite.

If Saturn I development boosted later Saturn hardware's initial reliability, that would justify the research, as it did in the real world. Alternatively, tweaking some of the Gemini flyby or lunar orbit hardware (not sure if that is or isn't historical, I haven't looked at the numbers) so the Saturn I can lift it.
Nacho84
SPM Moderator
SPM Moderator

Post by Nacho84 »

Hello piggysan,

Don't worry, I think I understand what you mean. As stratochief says, the game already features a "Reliability Transfer" mechanic, which grants you extra reliability when you get mission components for the first time that are related to existing ones.

Cheers,
Ignacio Liverotti
Lead Developer of Buzz Aldrin's Space Program Manager

Polar Motion
Twitter
Pawelk198604
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by Pawelk198604 »

I agree, we should get some bonus for rockets that based on the same design
N_Molson