Partial failures

Buzz Aldrin's Space Program Manager (SPM) Road to the Moon is the ultimate game of space exploration.

Moderators: Nacho84, N_Molson

Deadmeat1471
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Partial failures

Post by Deadmeat1471 »

I'm hesitant to even mention this, but I'll say it anyway.

I think there should be several partial failure conditions in the future, such as the retro-jettison stage, if it fails reduces the 'safety' of the re-entry stage. Just like on John Glenn's Mercury mission and Boris Volynov's Soyuz 5

Of course there are many other examples etc but this is the one I had in mind.
(I apologise if you didn't need reminding of this! which is probably the case... better safe than sorry :P)
HTower
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Re: Partial failures

Post by HTower »

In a way, it is currently already built into missions. There is a chance of failure, but through the expert work of ground control and any astronauts on the spacecraft, there is a chance for a saving throw. Right now though, we just don't see it occurring, even if it is happening.
Deadmeat1471
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by Deadmeat1471 »

Thats a really good point ;)
Nacho84
SPM Moderator
SPM Moderator

Post by Nacho84 »

Boris, our UI artist, is working on some changes to the mission simulation screen so that it becomes more clear what's going on (e.g., when does the flight controllers kick-in).

Originally, the game had lots of types of failures, such as critical, catastrophic, minor glitch, minor glitch that got solved, etc, but I had to strip all that away because maintaining the list of failures for each mission was proving to be too time consuming for me and it took me away from writing actual code :( Luckily, some players kindly offered themselves to give me a hand in order to create a big list of possible mission failures, so that will make its way as well into a future build.

Cheers,
Ignacio Liverotti
Lead Developer of Buzz Aldrin's Space Program Manager

Polar Motion
Twitter
HTower

Post by HTower »

Nacho84 wrote:( Luckily, some players kindly offered themselves to give me a hand in order to create a big list of possible mission failures, so that will make its way as well into a future build.
Do you have more small projects like this that need to be done? Judging by the community here already, I imagine that as a group we would jump at the chance to provide similar help for no pay or credit at all. :lol:
Nacho84
SPM Moderator
SPM Moderator

Post by Nacho84 »

HTower wrote:
Nacho84 wrote:( Luckily, some players kindly offered themselves to give me a hand in order to create a big list of possible mission failures, so that will make its way as well into a future build.
Do you have more small projects like this that need to be done? Judging by the community here already, I imagine that as a group we would jump at the chance to provide similar help for no pay or credit at all. :lol:
Yes, sure! PM me so we can have a chat :)

Cheers,
Ignacio Liverotti

Polar Motion
Twitter
NASAIsAwesome
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by NASAIsAwesome »

Nacho84 wrote:
HTower wrote:
Yes, sure! PM me so we can have a chat :)

Cheers,
Count me in too!
I'll gladly help...I've got a massive break off school coming up and need something to fill my free time.
Nacho84
SPM Moderator
SPM Moderator

Post by Nacho84 »

NASAIsAwesome wrote:Count me in too!
I'll gladly help...I've got a massive break off school coming up and need something to fill my free time.
Excellent! PM me and I'll contact you during the week.

Cheers,
Ignacio Liverotti

Polar Motion
Twitter

Return to “Buzz Aldrin's Space Program Manager”