How to report bugs

Buzz Aldrin's Space Program Manager (SPM) Road to the Moon is the ultimate game of space exploration.

Moderators: Nacho84, N_Molson

Nacho84
SPM Moderator
SPM Moderator

How to report bugs

Post by Nacho84 »

Hello all,

First of all, we'd like to thank you for taking part in the Early Access Program of Buzz Aldrin's Space Program Manager! :)

As you know, the game is still under heavy development and you'll certainly find some glitches/bugs along the way. If you happen to come across one, please help us by following the next steps so that we can sort them as soon as possible:

1) Open a new thread in the tech support with a relatively meaningful game (we ask for this so that it becomes simpler to track them).
2) Explain how to reproduce the bug.
3) If possible, and if you think it would help us to understand the issue, attach a screenshot.
4) Add the autosave and the output_log.txt files to your post. The forums won't accept the xml extension, so please put it inside a zip file first.

Autosave files can be located under c:\Users\Your User Name\AppData\LocalLow\MatrixGames\BASPM on Windows Vista onwards. For Windows XP, the path is c:\Documents and Settings\Users\Your User Name\AppData\LocalLow\MatrixGames\BASPM. Notice that AppData is a hidden folder, so it might be possible that you won't be able to see it inside the Windows Explorer. If that's the case, please follow the instructions from this link.

The output_log.txt file can be found under the SPM-Windows_Data subfolder from the installation directory.

The savefiles have a timestamp in their names along with the year and period of the current season and they are created automatically everytime you finish a season.

Please visit the changelog thread in order to find out the changes being introduced in the upcoming patch along with a list of all closed issues.

Thanks for your help!

Cheers,
Ignacio Liverotti
Lead Developer of Buzz Aldrin's Space Program Manager

Polar Motion
Twitter
cptbill911
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Animation Changes

Post by cptbill911 »

I see by the changelog the animation for the X15 will be changed. Please also change the animation for the drop test. The engine was never fired as done in the animation and just glided to the landing to test vehicle movement surfaces. Engine ops happened in later flights.
In the sub-orbital tests of Mercury the dialog has an approval for 7 orbits-no doubt John Glenn's comments. But if they are sub-orbital how could he get a go for orbits when they have not been approved yet. Removing these comments from the animation would no doubt help the game. And no comments for unmanned suborbital flights as no human occupant was in the spacecraft to see the booster turning around as stated in the game animation.
Great game and it can only get better-Thanks for all the hard work.
Nacho84
SPM Moderator
SPM Moderator

Re: Animation Changes

Post by Nacho84 »

cptbill911 wrote:I see by the changelog the animation for the X15 will be changed. Please also change the animation for the drop test. The engine was never fired as done in the animation and just glided to the landing to test vehicle movement surfaces. Engine ops happened in later flights.
In the sub-orbital tests of Mercury the dialog has an approval for 7 orbits-no doubt John Glenn's comments. But if they are sub-orbital how could he get a go for orbits when they have not been approved yet. Removing these comments from the animation would no doubt help the game. And no comments for unmanned suborbital flights as no human occupant was in the spacecraft to see the booster turning around as stated in the game animation.
Great game and it can only get better-Thanks for all the hard work.
Didn't know about the engine not being fired, we'll definitely fix that. Thanks for reporting it.

Regarding the other issues, some of them have already been reported and we'll eventually fix them. Feel free to create new threads in the support forum so that it's easy for us to keep track of the open issues.

Thanks for the kind words, we are all striving to make the game better on each weekly update :)

Cheers,
Ignacio Liverotti
Lead Developer of Buzz Aldrin's Space Program Manager

Polar Motion
Twitter
Sabratha
SPM Contributor
SPM Contributor

Re: How to report bugs

Post by Sabratha »

Nacho84 wrote:For Windows XP, the path is c:\Documents and Settings\Users\Your User Name\AppData\LocalLow\MatrixGames\BASPM. Notice that AppData is a hidden folder, so it might be possible that you won't be able to see it inside the Windows Explorer. If that's the case, please follow the instructions from this link.
There's no "LocalLow" folder in my "Application Data" folder. I have "Show hidden folders" on, so this isn't the case.
I ran a windows file search of "Documents and Settings" for "BASPM" and no folders named "BASPM" were found.

I'm running windows XP. Oh and I'm using the slitherine download game version.
Attachments
DxDiag_Sabratha.zip
(8.86 KiB) Downloaded 358 times

Return to “Buzz Aldrin's Space Program Manager”