Forum for reporting bugs

Moderators: Slitherine Core, NewRoSoft, FoG PC Moderator

TheGrayMouser
General - Carrier
General - Carrier

_[BUG] rev818 bRC6u03 [Gameplay] Rout & evade problems

Post by TheGrayMouser »

1) BG's are rout moving thru camps....

2) Light horse appear to enjoy plowing thru your own BG's when they evade/rout even if there are more logical clear hexes to evade thru.....
cothyso
NewRoSoft
NewRoSoft

Re: [BUGS] v1.8.12.818 bRC6u03 - rout & evades problems

Post by cothyso »

Please do not post merged bug reports, but use separate threads for each separate problem you've encountered.
cothyso
NewRoSoft
NewRoSoft

Post by cothyso »

TheGrayMouser wrote:1) BG's are rout moving thru camps....
will look into it
TheGrayMouser wrote:2) Light horse appear to enjoy plowing through your own BG's when they evade/rout even if there are more logical clear hexes to evade thru.....
this is not a bug, LH can pass through LF and any other mounted units excepting elephants and scythed chariots

// GAMEPLAY RULE - [Interpenetration]: LH can pass-through any other mounted units, excepting elephants and scythed chariots
TheGrayMouser
General - Carrier
General - Carrier

Post by TheGrayMouser »

cothyso wrote:
will look into it
TheGrayMouser wrote:2) Light horse appear to enjoy plowing through your own BG's when they evade/rout even if there are more logical clear hexes to evade thru.....
this is not a bug, LH can pass through LF and any other mounted units excepting elephants and scythed chariots

// GAMEPLAY RULE - [Interpenetration]: LH can pass-through any other mounted units, excepting elephants and scythed chariots

The report was not that Light horse CAN rout thru various BG"S, but rather they do so when multiple clear hexes are available instead
Turk1964
Lieutenant Colonel - Fw 190A

Post by Turk1964 »

Gday Dan
Im currently playing a game with Rbodleyscott and a routing Superior Cav unit has routed and in its path it has gone straight through a line of my own troops when there was a whole vacant battle ground to go around them.Evade paths still are not right as this should only happen if there is nowhere else for the routing troops to go. I mean there was a lot of room like the whole right side of the map.Consequently 5 bgs have been disrupted in a row. Game is Konmenean Byzantine vs Eastern Turkish.

Here is the game Log I also noted that when ending i could play my opponents turn very strange
<irrelevant console log>
cothyso
NewRoSoft
NewRoSoft

Post by cothyso »

Turk1964 wrote:I also noted that when ending i could play my opponents turn very strange
can you detail this a little bit, please?
Blathergut
Field Marshal - Elefant
Field Marshal - Elefant

Post by Blathergut »

Routs are not working well. As mentioned, a unit will run straight through a line of friendly units regardless of open hexes nearby. This makes the game unplayable as far as player willingness to keep playing and returning to the game. Having a cavalry unit break in combat and move parallel to your lines most of its rout move and then continue through 5 friendly units is a definite turn off to wanting to play the game. Routing units must somehow be programmed to go through empty hexes. If this is how the game ends up working, I would not play it. It becomes a dance of getting your units into position so you can hit and dictate rout moves of your enemy.

Or just let routers move through friends with no disruption. Assume they actually flow around and through.
Blathergut
Field Marshal - Elefant
Field Marshal - Elefant

Post by Blathergut »

Or limit routers to moving through only 1 friendly BG. If more, routers disband. Something to avoid the silliness of units routing along an entire line.
Turk1964

Post by Turk1964 »

I agree with Blathergut here. The Route paths are still not working as they should. If there is nowhere else to go then yes they can route through friendly units. If there is an empty space then that's where routing units should go. It makes sense really ,why would a routing unit route through friendly units when they would simply go around them at a rapid rate....Dan I think you need to look at the current Version of FOG and see what happens with routing units there. This is an important part of the game and most players set up their game around where routing units evade paths are or should be. Otherwise the game is great and cant see any other problems :D
Blathergut
Field Marshal - Elefant
Field Marshal - Elefant

Post by Blathergut »

Also, units (LF anyways) are evading twice. Is this suppose to happen? I thought once a BG evaded, it's there. Hmmm...unless it broke maybe on impact the second time? I'll watch for this and see if I can repeat it.
Blathergut
Field Marshal - Elefant
Field Marshal - Elefant

Post by Blathergut »

Played a few more turns vs Turk. The routing truly must be fixed. It's like routing units are aiming for friendly units.
cothyso
NewRoSoft
NewRoSoft

Re: _[BUG] rev818 bRC6u03 [Gameplay] Rout & evade problems

Post by cothyso »

Fixed in rev1032 (v2.5.00.1032 GM2 build)

Return to “Bug Reports”