Wolves from the Sea - Scenarios List - Updated - Mar 21

Moderators: Slitherine Core, FoG PC Moderator, NewRoSoft

Old_Warrior
Major - Jagdpanther
Major - Jagdpanther

Wolves from the Sea - Scenarios List - Updated - Mar 21

Post by Old_Warrior »

Prior to the start of the beta testing for Wolves from the Sea I want to get some idea of what the other Scenario Designers are doing for this module.

So far I know that Ian is working on Tours and Stamford Bridge. He would like to work on Hastings.

My goal is to work on Lechfield - Magyars vs. Otto and Germans. I also am going to work on Clontarf - 1014, Fýrisvellir c.984.

I also was looking a few other battles but if I know what you other guys would like to work on I wills steer clear of that.

Ian mentioned he was interested in Hastings. As he probably has better sources than me that works for me. If someone wants to lend him a hand or try out his scenario and offer up ideas that works too.

I would like to put five scenarios together for this module. Knowing what is already taken will help me a lot. I do not want to work on the same battle as someone else so that we can get out as many scenarios for the module as we can.

Help: If you know of a good website that offers up maps and composition of armies I would appreciate it. So far I am striking out on some of the queries I am running. I do not own any Osprey titles on this period of history but being that I am Swedish I would like to do some Viking battles. Vae Victis mag recently did an issue on the Kings of France and the battles look interesting. However, I hate to just borrow from a board game.

I am going to keep on searching and will update this thread once I get a better list.

Here is the list of folks wanting to do scenarios:

<Forum username>: <Battle_date>

Hoplite1963: Brunanburh 937 and Degsastan 603

redcoat: Maldon

Old_Warrior: Lechfield, Clontarf - 1014, Fýrisvellir c.984, Hastings - 1066.

Sabratha: Volhynia 1018 (Battle of the River Bug) (user is not allowed access to this forum - this scenario is therefore pending)

Iain (username to come soon): Stamford Bridge 1066 (and others)

-----------------end of list------------------

I have more data on Hastings but if someone has an army composition list I would appreciate it.
Last edited by Old_Warrior on Wed Mar 21, 2012 2:36 pm, edited 7 times in total.
wellard2006
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Re: Wolves from the Sea - Scenarios List

Post by wellard2006 »

One battle springs to mind..Largs 1263 ..but that might have to wait till Oath of Fealty for the Early Feudal Scots
Old_Warrior
Major - Jagdpanther
Major - Jagdpanther

Post by Old_Warrior »

Yes, it is out of the timeline of the WftS era.
redcoat2
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by redcoat2 »

Old_Warrior wrote:Prior to the start of the beta testing for Wolves from the Sea I want to get some idea of what the other Scenario Designers are doing for this module.

My goal is to work on Lechfield - Magyars vs. Otto and Germans. I also am going to work on Clontarf - 1014, Maldon - 991 & Fýrisvellir c.984.

I also was looking a few other battles but if I know what you other guys would like to work on I wills steer clear of that.
I was thinking about doing the Battle of Maldon as well. :(
Old_Warrior
Major - Jagdpanther
Major - Jagdpanther

Post by Old_Warrior »

Go for it. I haven't staked it out per se.

redcoat has Maldon.
redcoat2
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by redcoat2 »

OK. I will have to design Maldon now. :)

Hoplite1963 is also submitting a couple of other scenarios for "Wolves from the Sea": Brunanburh 937 and Degsastan 603.
Old_Warrior
Major - Jagdpanther
Major - Jagdpanther

Post by Old_Warrior »

Ok - I will try and put together a list at the top of this thread and keep it current as much as possible.

Return to “Old Beta Test”