Field Of Glory: Napoleonic Coming in March 2012!

Moderators: Slitherine Core, NewRoSoft, FoG PC Moderator

admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Field Of Glory: Napoleonic Coming in March 2012!

Post by admin »

<p><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<w:WordDocument>
<w:View>Normal</w:View>
<w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom>
<w:PunctuationKerning />
<w:ValidateAgainstSchemas />
<w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>
<w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent>
<w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>
<w:Compatibility>
<w:BreakWrappedTables />
<w:SnapToGridInCell />
<w:WrapTextWithPunct />
<w:UseAsianBreakRules />
<w:DontGrowAutofit />
</w:Compatibility>
<w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel>
</w:WordDocument>
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156">
</w:LatentStyles>
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]>
<style>
/* Style Definitions */
table.MsoNormalTable
{mso-style-name:"Table Normal";
mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0;
mso-tstyle-colband-size:0;
mso-style-noshow:yes;
mso-style-parent:"";
mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt;
mso-para-margin:0in;
mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt;
mso-pagination:widow-orphan;
font-size:10.0pt;
font-family:"Times New Roman";
mso-ansi-language:#0400;
mso-fareast-language:#0400;
mso-bidi-language:#0400;}
</style>
<![endif]--></p>
<p class="MsoNormal" style="text-align: center;"><b style="mso-bidi-font-weight:normal"><span style="font-size:16.0pt;font-family:Arial">Field Of Glory: Napoleonic Coming in March 2012!</span></b></p>
<p class="MsoNormal" style="text-align: center;"><i style="mso-bidi-font-style:normal"><span style="font-size:10.0pt;font-family:Arial">The massively popular </span></i><i><span style="font-size:10.0pt;font-family:Arial;mso-fareast-font-family:1786GLCFournierItalic">Field of Glory </span></i><i style="mso-bidi-font-style:normal"><span style="font-size:10.0pt;font-family:Arial">wargame series marches on!</span></i></p>
<p class="MsoNormal" style="text-align: center;"><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<w:WordDocument>
<w:View>Normal</w:View>
<w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom>
<w:PunctuationKerning />
<w:ValidateAgainstSchemas />
<w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>
<w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent>
<w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>
<w:Compatibility>
<w:BreakWrappedTables />
<w:SnapToGridInCell />
<w:WrapTextWithPunct />
<w:UseAsianBreakRules />
<w:DontGrowAutofit />
</w:Compatibility>
<w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel>
</w:WordDocument>
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156">
</w:LatentStyles>
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if !mso]><object
classid="clsid:38481807-CA0E-42D2-BF39-B33AF135CC4D" id=ieooui></object>
<style>
st1:*{behavior:url(#ieooui) }
</style>
<![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]>
<style>
/* Style Definitions */
table.MsoNormalTable
{mso-style-name:"Table Normal";
mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0;
mso-tstyle-colband-size:0;
mso-style-noshow:yes;
mso-style-parent:"";
mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt;
mso-para-margin:0in;
mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt;
mso-pagination:widow-orphan;
font-size:10.0pt;
font-family:"Times New Roman";
mso-ansi-language:#0400;
mso-fareast-language:#0400;
mso-bidi-language:#0400;}
</style>
<![endif]--></p>
<p style="mso-layout-grid-align:none;text-autospace:none" class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-size:10.0pt;font-family:Arial">In March 2012, Slitherine and Osprey Publishing (<a href="http://www.ospreypublishing.com/">www.o ... ing.com</a>) will once again team up to release </span><i><span style="font-size:10.0pt;
font-family:Arial;mso-fareast-font-family:1786GLCFournierItalic">Field of Glory: Napoleonic</span></i><span style="font-size:10.0pt;font-family:Arial">. Based on the core mechanics of its predecessors, </span><i><span style="font-size:10.0pt;font-family:Arial;mso-fareast-font-family:1786GLCFournierItalic">Field of Glory: Napoleonic</span></i><span style="font-size:10.0pt;font-family:Arial;
mso-fareast-font-family:1786GLCFournierItalic;mso-bidi-font-style:italic"> </span><span style="font-size:10.0pt;font-family:Arial">allows players to command the armies of any of the nations involved in the Napoleonic and French Revolutionary Wars, emphasizing the combined arms tactics that dominated the battlefields of the period.</span><span style="font-size:10.0pt;font-family:Arial">

</span></p>
<p style="mso-layout-grid-align:none;text-autospace:none" class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-size:10.0pt;font-family:Arial">Richard Sullivan, Managing Director of Osprey Publishing, spoke about the new project:</span></p>
<p style="mso-layout-grid-align:none;text-autospace:none" class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-size:10.0pt;font-family:Arial;mso-fareast-font-family:1786GLCFournierItalic;
mso-bidi-font-style:italic">“After the success of </span><i style="mso-bidi-font-style:
normal"><span style="font-size:10.0pt;font-family:Arial">Field of Glory: Ancient and Medieval</span></i><span style="font-size:10.0pt;font-family:Arial"> </span><span style="font-size:10.0pt;font-family:Arial;mso-fareast-font-family:
1786GLCFournierItalic;mso-bidi-font-style:italic">and </span><i style="mso-bidi-font-style:normal"><span style="font-size:10.0pt;font-family:
Arial">Field of Glory: Renaissance</span></i><span style="font-size:10.0pt;
font-family:Arial;mso-fareast-font-family:1786GLCFournierItalic;mso-bidi-font-style:
italic">, we are thrilled to be working with Slitherine again on a project with such huge potential. We know that the Napoleonic era has long held a cherished place in the hearts of historical wargamers, and we believe that </span><i style="mso-bidi-font-style:normal"><span style="font-size:10.0pt;font-family:
Arial">Field of Glory: Napoleonic</span></i><span style="font-size:10.0pt;
font-family:Arial"> </span><span style="font-size:10.0pt;font-family:Arial;
mso-fareast-font-family:1786GLCFournierItalic;mso-bidi-font-style:italic">will be a game that they are going to love.”</span><span style="font-size:10.0pt;font-family:Arial">

</span></p>
<p style="mso-layout-grid-align:none;text-autospace:none" class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-size:10.0pt;font-family:Arial">J.D. McNeil, head of Slitherine, added: </span><span style="font-size:10.0pt;font-family:Arial;mso-fareast-font-family:
1786GLCFournierItalic;mso-bidi-font-style:italic">“</span><i style="mso-bidi-font-style:
normal"><span style="font-size:10.0pt;font-family:Arial">Field of Glory</span></i><span style="font-size:10.0pt;font-family:Arial"> </span><span style="font-size:10.0pt;
font-family:Arial;mso-fareast-font-family:1786GLCFournierItalic;mso-bidi-font-style:
italic">has shown that wargamers appreciate a tactically challenging wargame with balanced army lists that can be played as either a friendly match or in a tournament environment. Our Napoleonic rules continue that tradition and also recreate the unique ‘big battle’ characteristics of the era.”</span><span style="font-size:10.0pt;font-family:Arial">

</span></p>
<p style="mso-layout-grid-align:none;text-autospace:none" class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-size:10.0pt;font-family:Arial">ABOUT </span><span style="font-size:
10.0pt;font-family:Arial;mso-fareast-font-family:1786GLCFournierItalic;
mso-bidi-font-style:italic">FIELD OF GLORY: NAPOLEONIC</span><span style="font-size:10.0pt;font-family:Arial;mso-fareast-font-family:1786GLCFournierItalic;
mso-bidi-font-style:italic">

</span></p>
<p style="mso-layout-grid-align:none;text-autospace:none" class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-size:10.0pt;font-family:Arial">The hardback, full-colour </span><i><span style="font-size:10.0pt;font-family:Arial;mso-fareast-font-family:1786GLCFournierItalic">Field of Glory: Napoleonic</span></i><span style="font-size:10.0pt;font-family:Arial;
mso-fareast-font-family:1786GLCFournierItalic;mso-bidi-font-style:italic"> </span><span style="font-size:10.0pt;font-family:Arial">rulebook will contain the complete rules for the game and several army lists to get players started. This will be followed by two hardback supplements: </span><span style="font-size:10.0pt;font-family:
Arial;mso-fareast-font-family:1786GLCFournierItalic;mso-bidi-font-style:italic">Triumph of Nations </span><span style="font-size:10.0pt;font-family:Arial">in June and </span><span style="font-size:10.0pt;font-family:Arial;mso-fareast-font-family:1786GLCFournierItalic;
mso-bidi-font-style:italic">Emperors and Eagles </span><span style="font-size:
10.0pt;font-family:Arial">in September. These supplements will give background and full army lists for all of the major and minor powers that fought each other during the wars. Taken together, this trilogy offers everything Napoleonic players will need to master the battlefields of Europe in the late 18th and early 19th centuries.</span><span style="font-size:10.0pt;font-family:Arial">

</span></p>
<p class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-size:10.0pt;font-family:Arial">Get more information on </span><i><span style="font-size:9.5pt;font-family:1786GLCFournierItalic;
mso-hansi-font-family:1786GLCFournierNormal;mso-bidi-font-family:1786GLCFournierItalic;
color:black">Field of Glory: Napoleonic </span></i><span style="font-size:10.0pt;
font-family:Arial">from its official <a href="http://www.slitherine.com/games/fog_n">product page</a>.</span></p>

Return to “Old Beta Test”