admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Decline & Fall Beta - Get the latest version

Post by admin »

Hi guys

you can get the latest version of Decline & Fall here :

http://www.slitherine.com/files/fog/Dec ... -1.6.2.exe

Run the installer and enter the serial number you were mailed. These serial numbers are unique and private and must not be shared as we can trace them back to who we issued them to. Please note you will only receive a Decline & Fall serial if you applied for the beta!

You must already have a copy of the final released version of Field of Glory installed.

The Beta installs to a new folder. DO NOT install it on top of your existing game.

You can run the Beta as well as keeping your normal version live to continue existing multiplayer games. Any Beta games will be on the test server so not visible to players outside the beta.

Please post all feedback in the beta forum.

Initially we are interested in feedback on the DAG and the armies in it for single or multiplayer. Do you see any bugs in the lists? We'll be adding the battles later so for now focus on the armies.

If you have problems with your personal serial number when using the installer ensure you have not copied any blank spaces before or after the password/serial as this will cause it to fail.

If you are still having problems let us know and we will get you up and running ASAP.
HelgaMarie2888
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by HelgaMarie2888 »

Hi, already installed (Decline&Fall-1-Beta-1.6.2), and when trying to test it (play) keep getting the next message "(Sorry your installation is corrupted. Please reinstall the game)".

did so and still keep getting the same message...

Any clues about?
amenofi64
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1

Post by amenofi64 »

Downloaded and installed tomorrow. The game works fine, now i start the armies control.
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

If you get the reinstall error it is probably because you do not have the base FoG game installed - this is required for the beta.
1Kyloth
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Post by 1Kyloth »

Hi:
Under 1.6.2 the program would not respond and I had to restart the game. The update to 1.6.3 went without difficulty and the game loaded fine. I played the first scenario as the Mamelukes and defeated the Ottomans 8 to 81, quite the rout. There were only two small problems I noticed so far. The first is the Ottoman reserve the Spahis of the Porte was only going back and forth and really did not engage in a decisive manner ( maybe an AI thing). The second issue was when a unit of the Ottomans routed, after it went through some of its units it continued to go through other units even though it had an open space to route through, causing more units to degrade or route than what was nescessary. Is its route path random path?
Thanks
John
todd645
Senior Corporal - Destroyer
Senior Corporal - Destroyer

Post by todd645 »

I was in the EE beta, but I must have missed the D&F announcement. Is it too late to get a serial?

Thanks,

Todd
SmickeyMcgee
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by SmickeyMcgee »

I was in the EE beta too and i signed up for Decline and fall beta at like last minute but havent received a serial in the mail or private messages. Am i too late too?
IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IainMcNeil »

Yes sorry - the beta is complete.
Supervark
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Post by Supervark »

How do i get the latest version of the D&C beta?
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Its complete - there is no beta any more.
Supervark

Post by Supervark »

Ah I understand. Been trying to buy the full version but it says it is still not available any Idea when its coming out?

Return to “Old Beta Test”