Differing prices for Kursk

Forum for discussion of the next iteration of the BA engine. This time with a all new open development approach!

Moderators: Slitherine Core, BA Moderators

Slowbius
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Differing prices for Kursk

Post by Slowbius »

Hi,

I bought BA2 from the Slitherine website a couple of years ago and picked it up again recently. I'm considering buying the Kursk expansion. I don't play through Steam and yet the DLC is cheaper to buy through Steam (£14.99) than it is here (17.99).

What's up with the pricing differential and is there any way I can get it for the Steam price? Is it possible to migrate to playing on Steam instead (without paying for the game again)?

Apologies if this has been covered elsewhere.

Neil
VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine

Re: Differing prices for Kursk

Post by VPaulus »

On Steam and on Slitherine/Matrix stores the price is always set in USD.
The issue is that the Steam store have local currencies in their store, which sometimes are better or worse than real currency conversions.
Our stores (Matrix and Slitherine) works with real currency rates, so that's the reason why the price, in any other currency besides USD, might be different from the Steam store.
Slowbius
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Re: Differing prices for Kursk

Post by Slowbius »

My instance of Steam is set to Pounds Sterling.

Are you saying that I have to pay the rate published on the Slitherine website if I want to play the Kursk expansion, and I don't play through Steam? If so there's absolutely no incentive to buy games through you in future if Steam is cheaper!

Return to “Battle Academy 2 – Eastern Front”