Stalingrad for BA2 ?

Forum for discussion of the next iteration of the BA engine. This time with a all new open development approach!

Moderators: Slitherine Core, BA Moderators

jcb989
Colonel - Fallschirmjäger
Colonel - Fallschirmjäger

Re: Stalingrad for BA2 ?

Post by jcb989 »

PantheraTigris wrote:Agreed, I love house to house tactical...
Search for Amaris's scenario ORTONA

not the east front, but a very big map and house to house. very good scenario.
PantheraTigris
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by PantheraTigris »

I'm still enjoying BA2 more than the Panzer Corps series and hoping for a single player Stalingrad addition.
DonCzirr
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL

Post by DonCzirr »

I think it was said that there are no active plans from our Slitherine friends to further develop this series.

It did not seem that it's been totally abandoned but there are no current plans for work.

That's too bad as this is my favorite casual war game.

If they don't do any more development on BA2, I see it as a gap in their current offerings.

What comparable new product do they have coming out that can fill this niche?
Man schlägt jemanden mit der Faust und nicht mit gespreizten Fingern !

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100032812112896
Schweinewitz
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF

Post by Schweinewitz »

My guess is that it is more likely to see a BA-inspired, Archon-based WW2 game sometime in the future than any new BA2 content.

As I said somewhere else: It's a pitty that this game was nipped in the bud; IMO a wrong decision.

Concerning the topic: I hope Amaris is all right again and will finish his Stalingrad mod some day. The already finished buildings are looking marvelous!
PantheraTigris
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by PantheraTigris »

I enjoy both it and the original BA far more than either the Panzer Corps series or the Order of Battle series. Both of those to me fall flat. It's hard to explain, the BA series immerses me more into the action like I'm part of it than the other two.
No idea
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Post by No idea »

Schweinewitz wrote:My guess is that it is more likely to see a BA-inspired, Archon-based WW2 game sometime in the future than any new BA2 content.

As I said somewhere else: It's a pitty that this game was nipped in the bud; IMO a wrong decision.

Concerning the topic: I hope Amaris is all right again and will finish his Stalingrad mod some day. The already finished buildings are looking marvelous!
From what I remeber the problem was that Apple has decided to stick with 32 bit systems, while the PCs are most of them 64 bits, and in the near future all will be 64 bits. Thus, it wasnt feasible for them to keep on with the series. Or that is what Slitherine said.

A real pity. Perhaps somebody will take the franchise and make a new BA. On any case, it would be a samrt move to sell the franchise or make a new game. The other option is letting the franchise die for no money at all.
mattymo
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by mattymo »

How do you simulate living in caves and starvation? Will need to add some kind of supply element... Not that I'm opposed. Very disappointed to see that there's no more development, as the release of new expansions for BA one was always something to look forward to!
ReischFokke

Post by ReischFokke »

Amaris actually made a BA2 Stalingrad campaign, it's in their site go check it out. it is very difficult though.

Return to “Battle Academy 2 – Eastern Front”