Infantry Grapes

Forum for discussion of the next iteration of the BA engine. This time with a all new open development approach!

Moderators: Slitherine Core, BA Moderators

badhairday
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Infantry Grapes

Post by badhairday »

I wonder if ever infantry will be allowed to ride on tanks
There are numerous pictures from both Eastern and Western fronts of infantry clinging to tanks as they head into battle.
Is it possible they could be implemented in both versions of the games.

Cheers

Sean
morge4
Brigadier-General - Elite Grenadier
Brigadier-General - Elite Grenadier

Re: Infantry Grapes

Post by morge4 »

badhairday wrote:I wonder if ever infantry will be allowed to ride on tanks
There are numerous pictures from both Eastern and Western fronts of infantry clinging to tanks as they head into battle.

Cheers

Sean
I know some of the modders have created BA scenarios with this feature, so it is possible (sure it could be ported to BA2). Not sure where this is on Slitherine's list. They may have decided not to do this for certain reasons also.
pipfromslitherine
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by pipfromslitherine »

We considered it for sure. But in the end the cost of making it a fully functional feature (rather than just allowing tanks to be transports :) ) verses the gameplay utility made us decide against it.

Cheers

Pip
follow me on Twitter here
Navaronegun
Captain - Heavy Cruiser
Captain - Heavy Cruiser

Post by Navaronegun »

badhairday wrote:I wonder if ever infantry will be allowed to ride on tanks

Cheers

Sean

It only works, essentially, if you are talking a Fire Team riding anyway. So if the designer is working at the low end of the scale in BA (10 minute turns, 50 m squares, 5-6 man teams) then it works. It becomes unrealistic when you scale up from there.

Nav
I think the best way to describe our operations to date is that they have violated every recognized principle of war.
General Eisenhower, Supreme Commander Allied Expeditionary Force, on the Tunisian Campaign, 27 DEC 1942.

Return to “Battle Academy 2 – Eastern Front”