multiplayer woes

Close Combat - Panthers in the Fog: Tech Support

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Close Combat Moderators

mumf
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

multiplayer woes

Post by mumf »

can someone get this campaign setup fixed??
i don't know how many times I and a friend in another npart of Austraslia have been frozen or disconnected from a game.
we haven't been able to copmplete a single battle for at least 4 days now and we are both on the latest update, with windows7
SteveMcClaire
Matrix
Matrix

Re: multiplayer woes

Post by SteveMcClaire »

Hi mumf,

I've moved your thread to the tech support forum so everyone can see it.

First off, please try the 1.0.1 update, just released today. This has a number of fixes that may resolve the problem you're seeing. It also allows for a direct connection to be used during mulit-player games, which can give significant performance improvement. To use the direct connection you'll need to have the host player open the TCP port 1944 for incoming connections through their router / firewall. If the game cannot make a direct connection it will automatically fall back on the lobby connection, as before. You can see the connection type in the upper-right corner of the multi-player screen after you have connected to your opponent from the lobby.

At what point are you seeing a disconnect? Is it consistent where and when it happens while you're playing?

Thanks,

Steve

Return to “Close Combat - Panthers in the Fog: Tech Support”