map problem

Close Combat - Panthers in the Fog: Tech Support

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Close Combat Moderators

oiscoady
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

map problem

Post by oiscoady »

hi admin... playing a grand campaign the game freezes on loading on map romagny. it loads as far as loading graphics and stalls. also the game is still a bit laggy. i am in ireland and can play people in america with no lag while playing a european player lags. why is that???
SteveMcClaire
Matrix
Matrix

Re: map problem

Post by SteveMcClaire »

Hi oiscoady,

I've moved your tech support posts from the match-making forum to the tech support forum. You also had asked for us to address the lag problems you were seeing, and I've responded to both issues here just so it's all in one place.

First, please check that you have the latest update to the game, available here: viewtopic.php?f=220&t=39454

There have been a number of performance enhancements to the multi-player system recently and there are more planned for the near future.

Lag is a function of how far you and your opponent are from the game servers, and how fast your connections are. It is possible you'll see less lag with an opponent in the USA if they have a better connection to the game server.

Thanks,

Steve
oiscoady

Post by oiscoady »

hi steve. thanks for your reply. is there anything else we can do to speed up our games? the game is a great advance in close combat the graphics are ace, but the lag is nearly killing the multiplay scene. i only ever play multi
SteveMcClaire
Matrix
Matrix

Post by SteveMcClaire »

The next update may be able to help you with that, as it will attempt a direct connection between the two players. You will still need to go through the lobby to join/host a game with your opponent. But the game will try to make a direct connection between the joining player and the hosting player -- this will fail if the host player's router / firewall prevents it, and the game will fall back on connecting via the lobby system in that case. So in order to see the direct connection you'll have to have both players using the next update (should be available shortly) and the hosting player will have to open the game port (1944) for inbound connections through their router/firewall.

Return to “Close Combat - Panthers in the Fog: Tech Support”