Looking for an opponent. Will face all challengers, any side

Moderators: Slitherine Core, The Lordz

Gene
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Looking for an opponent. Will face all challengers, any side

Post by Gene »

Challenger gets to choose side to play.
Also open to negotiation on nation inclusion, ie expanding the scope of the war by agreeing to declare war on more countries in exchange for opponent doing likewise.
Game must start in 1914 and no disbanding units allowed.
Bring it on :!:
nehi
1st Lieutenant - Grenadier

Re: Looking for an opponent. Will face all challengers, any

Post by nehi »

that was quick, others usually let me to take paris at least 8)
Gene

Post by Gene »

Yeah nah, the writing was on the wall for that one. :)
operating
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Post by operating »

Gene

I gather you got sucked in.. Not all players are like nehi..
nehi

Post by nehi »

but all want to be :lol:
operating
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Post by operating »

nehi wrote:but all want to be :lol:
Can't say you are not unabashed...
nehi

Post by nehi »

cant say u r not always serious... 8)

but to this case, i just dont get it, why someone calls for challenge and then left both games in 7th (as entente) and 8th turn (as cp) without a word, when it couldnt even start, dont say finish
operating
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Post by operating »

nehi,

There is no doubt you have a phenomenal game, but what I get concerned about is: Breaking the back of a new MP player in a way that may discourage that player from going MP again. To me it might be best to tutor a novice player to be a better player against you. Leaving someone crushed does not entice a player to have to go through being beaten so early in a match repeatedly. The end result is; the MP pool dries up. I think that is a reward that you/everyone particularly do not want.

Bob
nehi

Post by nehi »

as cp u cant let entente take a breath if u want win

as entente it takes anytime long time to turn the tide, entente has not enough power to be offensive

im fine tutor but it needs to stay and communicate 8)

pool is limited, so i have to baptize new ones with fire of battle :lol:

i dont think anyone really intersted in mp can be discouraged by any defeat

once i met inexperienced player, first time i beat him badly, 2nd he was better and third he was able to stay most far of all opponents

(it was first time ive seen italy to join war since my last loss as cp and so far last time)
operating
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Post by operating »

No, I think you have the right perception about strategy, but it's how you get there is the question. Where you have the time to do battle, you might explain it with through an AAR, it would be a nice contribution to the community and perhaps be beneficial to current and future players.
nehi

Post by nehi »

i just wanted to remark that u cant go easy on anyone and win as cp, anyone can flood the map with units and trenches, then the war is over

as i said, im quite a bit lazy to do aars, especially vs humans, it takes long time to make it complete (anyone can last at least twice longer than ai) and there is not even sure they will finish it in proper way

and vs ai its different, so not much helpfull in mp
tark2112

Post by tark2112 »

Looking to devote some time to the game, will stick around for a thrashing. Looking for an opponent that would like to talk.

I'm new to this...how come there are mostly private challenges and not open ones? Any way to get in on a private challenge?
nehi

Post by nehi »

these private challenges are old ones, most likely dead ones

mp activity is quite low nowadays...
operating
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Post by operating »

tark2112 wrote:Looking to devote some time to the game, will stick around for a thrashing. Looking for an opponent that would like to talk.

I'm new to this...how come there are mostly private challenges and not open ones? Any way to get in on a private challenge?
I'm going to have to disagree with nehi to a point: All anybody needs is "1" opponent in an MP match. In the past I had as many as 20 separate MP matches at the same time till I got a case of burn out, even then was never lacking for more opponents, only problem was, I could not play another turn (mental block). That was about a year or so ago. Recently started getting into MP again and have had no problem finding "open challenges" in the MP lobby, most are veteran players with some new or novice to the game. What you think are private challenges very well could be accepted open challenges that are already engaged, or in the mix old or new private challenges. I have a private challenge waiting for me to respond to, however in this private challenge we are discussing rules (email) to be implemented other than stock rules: Such as limiting spam, no bombarding Istanbul for a period of turns, perhaps no DOW on neutral countries, like what can or cannot be attacked by airships, limiting disbandment of certain SGs, ect. ect.., it's short of being a mod by far. Also, take note of actual mods being developed and that any mods played in MP more than likely would be private challenges, they simply would not be compatible with stock 1.6 or 1.66 players .
operating
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Post by operating »

tark2112 wrote:Looking to devote some time to the game, will stick around for a thrashing. Looking for an opponent that would like to talk.

Should add: Expect to get your butt kicked by veteran players in your early MP matches, but don't give up, learn from the gaming experience, it took me a number of matches before getting my first out right victory. :wink:

Return to “Commander the Great War : Opponent Finder”