Neutral Belgium/UK/Turkey challenge (mod required)

Moderators: Slitherine Core, The Lordz

Jonathan_Pollard
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Neutral Belgium/UK/Turkey challenge (mod required)

Post by Jonathan_Pollard »

I am looking for a CP player to take the neutral Belgium/UK/Turkey challenge. The historical premise is that the CP does not invade Belgium, and as a result Belgium, the UK, and Turkey stay neutral (historically the UK antagonized Turkey when the UK entered the war by confiscating Turkish warships in UK ports).

It requires a modification of a .lua file. Open 1914.lua in data/Scripts, go to line 746 or search for ScenarioSetup(). There you can change the starting alignment of all neutral nations. Change the Belgian value from 99.7 to 50, the UK one from 99.5 to 50, and the value for turkey from 2 to 50. If you don't want to do the modification yourself, I could send you the modified 1914.lua file. Be sure to back up the original 1914.lua file for use with other games.

To simplify things, we could have a house rule that prevents attacking minors other than those that eventually became involved in the war post-1914 historically. So attacking Netherlands, Belgium and Denmark would be prohibited, but attacking Italy, Bulgaria, Romania, and Portugal before they enter on their own is allowed by either side. Alternatively, we can allow neutrals such as Belgium and Netherlands to be attacked, but whoever attacks them must also declare war on the UK.

Other house rules such as limitations on air power, unit disbanding, etc. or no additional house rules are fine with me, let me know your preference.

I'm moderately experienced in this game, willing to take on any experience level. Because this mod favors the CP even a noob should make a worthy opponent.

For those who would rather download the mod instead of manually editing the file, it can be downloaded here:
http://slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=218&t=41850

Game is available on the server already, neutral is the password. First come, first served.

< Message edited by Jonathan Pollard -- 4/9/2013 8:36:06 PM >
"We could blow up a US ship in Guantanamo Bay and blame Cuba" "We could develop a Communist Cuban terror campaign in the Miami area, in other Florida cities and even in Washington" - US Joint Chiefs of Staff, Operation Northwoods, 1962
Jonathan_Pollard
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Re: Neutral Belgium/UK/Turkey challenge (mod required)

Post by Jonathan_Pollard »

Because nobody has taken me up on my neutral Belgium challenge, I will play as the Entente in an unmodified game too. So consider this as an offer for you to be the CP with your choice of whether or not to invade Belgium. I am flexible on house rules or lack thereof.
"We could blow up a US ship in Guantanamo Bay and blame Cuba" "We could develop a Communist Cuban terror campaign in the Miami area, in other Florida cities and even in Washington" - US Joint Chiefs of Staff, Operation Northwoods, 1962

Return to “Commander the Great War : Opponent Finder”