Army sized units game?

A forum to discuss custom scenarios, campaigns and modding in general.

Moderators: Slitherine Core, The Lordz

Vokt
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D

Army sized units game?

Post by Vokt »

If I were to mod this game one of the first things I would do is to remove artillery, armored cars and tank units as separate units. It's a joke that artillery units have a 2 hexes range when not even in WW2 that range (50 km) was achieved by field artillery.

I would set an army-corps sized units game with only calvary and infantry units as in real WW1 happened. In real world, artillery was directly attached to army or corps units. To represent in the game the historical big importance of artillery, I would set a system in which a special artillery concentration could be bound to a certain army which would increase its firepower both offensively and defensively. Later, same with tanks. No separate tanks units but certain armies being possible to be increased their mobility, firepower and defense attributes because having assigned tanks.

About air units, I would completely remove the possibility of making ground attacks until very late game (once reached a certain tech level). Air units would have an only air reconnaissance role at least until 1917. Anyway, in late game they would be able to attack land units but not to cause steps lost. Only morale drop would be the effect of air strikes.

About navies, I would much reduce the total number of naval units.

Return to “Commander the Great War : Mods & Scenario Design”