Neutral Belgium/UK/Turkey mod

A forum to discuss custom scenarios, campaigns and modding in general.

Moderators: Slitherine Core, The Lordz

Jonathan_Pollard
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Neutral Belgium/UK/Turkey mod

Post by Jonathan_Pollard »

Attached is the 1914.lua file modified for Belgian/UK/Turkish neutrality. The historical premise is that the CP does not invade Belgium, and as a result Belgium, the UK, and Turkey stay neutral (historically the UK antagonized Turkey when the UK entered the war by confiscating Turkish warships in UK ports).
Unzip and place in the data/Scripts folder. Be sure to back up your original 1914.lua file for use in other games.
Attachments
1914.zip
(4.16 KiB) Downloaded 333 times
"We could blow up a US ship in Guantanamo Bay and blame Cuba" "We could develop a Communist Cuban terror campaign in the Miami area, in other Florida cities and even in Washington" - US Joint Chiefs of Staff, Operation Northwoods, 1962
vonOben
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Re: Neutral Belgium/UK/Turkey mod

Post by vonOben »

Thank you Jonathan :D
Jonathan_Pollard
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by Jonathan_Pollard »

You're most welcome, vonOben. I did a test and it seems that in order to play this mod, you need it installed only for the beginning of the first turn. If you replace the modded 1914.lua file with the original after the game starts, Belgium/UK/Turkey will still stay neutral (provided you save the game at least once prior to switching back to unmodded). This is good news for those who have modded and unmodded games going on at the same time, you don't need to keep on switching the modded 1914.lua file with the original one. Should apply to both single player and multiplayer, although I've tested it only in single so far.
"We could blow up a US ship in Guantanamo Bay and blame Cuba" "We could develop a Communist Cuban terror campaign in the Miami area, in other Florida cities and even in Washington" - US Joint Chiefs of Staff, Operation Northwoods, 1962
vonOben
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by vonOben »

That is good to know!
Thanks for the info! :D

Cheers

vonOben
Turtler
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad

Post by Turtler »

I'd make a version where the Turks stay in the CP, albeit maybe in a delayed entry. While the ship requisitioning really happened and didn't do many favors, Turkey's real bete noire was with the Russians and their expansion. That was why they had made contacts with the Germans earlier and why they opened the war by bombarding Russian territory. I don't see Belgium and the UK being neutral changing that. Though it would obviously give the Central Powers a major advantage in the war.

Perhaps that could be balanced by an earlier Greek and/or Italian entry?
Robotron
Brigadier-General - Elite Grenadier
Brigadier-General - Elite Grenadier

Post by Robotron »

Some comments regarding Turkey and the BBs:

Sabrata's Mod features the low chance TurkBB Event which delays Turkey's war entry by several turns if the Battleships get delivered as promised. For my own mod I added an event where the Kaiser compensates Turkey by sending the Goeben/Breslau cruisers directly to Constantinopel in case the TurkBB Event does not trigger, accelerating Turkey war entry and allowing for a further event where Goeben/Breslau can abruptly start the war against Russia with a prematurly shelling of Sevastopol.

There's a lot of fun to be had by adding events like this. ^^

Return to “Commander the Great War : Mods & Scenario Design”