Potzblitz V24.2b JAN 1st 2024

A forum to discuss custom scenarios, campaigns and modding in general.

Moderators: Slitherine Core, The Lordz

nehi
1st Lieutenant - Grenadier

Re: POTZBLITZ V7.3, JAN 12th

Post by nehi »

Robotron wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 4:41 pm @nehi: you are saying the Russian Surprise Attack is no compensation for late British war entry yet you complain about losing half AHs army to the Russian Surprise, which as you put it is "game changing".

What will it be, make up your mind.
of course, i destroyed half of austrian army too, but thats two different situations

in first one is austria scissored by russia and serbia in second is russia scissored by germans (belgium yields too) and austrians without serbians in their back

serbian surrender for russian surprise attack looks fine, but belgium yields and serbian surrender is like no disadvantage for cp and disaster for russia, britain is out, france harmless and russia alone

so i suggest, that serbian surrender should hasten british entering the war, at least if combined with belgium yields together

i guess ost marsch is quite disbalancing too, i havent played it until now in mp, but france can do nothing, britain is out of war, russia alone again, if it can be combined with serbian surrender, its the safest way to win as cp, points of interest in the east and all cp vs russia
Last edited by nehi on Sat Jan 19, 2019 11:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Robotron
Brigadier-General - Elite Grenadier

Post by Robotron »

I've modified the scripts so the chances for both ultimata and Russian Surprise Attack to be added to the Entente event pool are hard set upon game start so reloading will be useless.

Additionally the Belgium ultimatum will be discarded once the Serbian ultimatum was played (whether successful or not) since Belgium will be horrified enough to call for British protection upon seeing what has been done/tried with Serbia.

Playing the "British Guarantee" event will now outright discard the Belgium ultimatum and yield +2 bonus diplomatic points per turn to make it a valid choice.

Upon choosing "Aufmarsch Ost" Russia will be given a bonus for researching "industrial warfare" tech.

Playing "Russia Surprise" will add the "Swedish navy attacked" event to the CP event pool.

In case of Belgium surrendering to the ultimatum or "Aufmarsch Ost" being played, Britain will enter the war much sooner.
Slitherine's Commander the Great War - Director's Cut: POTZBLITZ mod!
FIND IT HERE: http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=218&t=77884&p=662610#p662610
nehi

Post by nehi »

Robotron wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 11:23 pm I've modified the scripts so the chances for both ultimata and Russian Surprise Attack to be added to the Entente event pool are hard set upon game start so reloading will be useless.

Additionally the Belgium ultimatum will be discarded once the Serbian ultimatum was played (whether successful or not) since Belgium will be horrified enough to call for British protection upon seeing what has been done/tried with Serbia.

Playing the "British Guarantee" event will now outright discard the Belgium ultimatum and yield +2 bonus diplomatic points per turn to make it a valid choice.

Upon choosing "Aufmarsch Ost" Russia will be given a bonus for researching "industrial warfare" tech.

Playing "Russia Surprise" will add the "Swedish navy attacked" event to the CP event pool.

In case of Belgium surrendering to the ultimatum or "Aufmarsch Ost" being played, Britain will enter the war much sooner.
thanks, that sounds fine and u find solution to rerolling too, while keeping strong side of potz, its diversity 8)
nehi

Post by nehi »

one more thing, can u set in same way chance for shelling sevastopol and closing dardanels or turns between this chain of events (maybe somehow connected to goebens escape too)? as expected, goeben escaped, in same turn dardanels were closed and shelling in next turn "happened"

in 7th turn is russia facing germans, austrians and ottomans

(or more things, bulgaria has some chain of events too, its only limitation is year 1915? early senussi can be painfull for entente too, especially in situation britain is like the last one on the stage without chance for preparation, thats all i remember now, what would be nice not to get just by re-rolling)
hnox
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Re: POTZBLITZ V7.3, JAN 12th Bug

Post by hnox »

Hi.

Single player crash. I was building for the AH and clicked the tab for "Commander requirements overview".

[13:54:54][8628]GERMAN BOMBTECHS: 0
[13:54:59][8628]ui/production_panel.lua:911(method Refresh) ui/production_panel.lua:911: attempt to index field '?' (a nil value)
[13:54:59][8628][C]:-1(method Show) ui/production_panel.lua:911(method Refresh) ui/production_panel.lua:911: attempt to index field '?' (a nil value)

I'had just been offered to deploy Hotzendorf.

Also I'm sorry to say that I failed to save the log for another bug : ( At a diferent game, two Reserve Corps for AH at the production queue where suddenly transformed into garrisons and deployed as such.
Attachments
Commander The Great War.zip
(287.74 KiB) Downloaded 55 times
Robotron

Post by Robotron »

@hnox: thanks for reporting the crash bug and the information when it did happen. Nehi had reported the same bug before but without info so I was only able to fix it until now. Thankfully the cause was a only a simple typo. Shame about the deployment bug but without a savegame I can't offer help.

@Argentum: the UTF-18 bug is hopefully fixed now, I deleted all Umlauts and special characters from the game. I suspect the "ç" in Hermann von François name was the cause.

@nehi:
1. Shelling of Sevastopol is available in CP event pool as soon as Goeben has reached Constantinople and the Dardanelles were closed.

2. Bulgarian Mobilization event will be available in CP event pool if year is at least 1915 and one of the following conditions has been met:

either

“Serbian Morale shattered” was triggered

or

Nis has been captured by CP

or

Skopje has been captured by CP

or

Paris has been captured by CP

or

Warsaw has been captured by CP

or

Italy has joined CP

or

Bulgarian alignment has reached a value of 2 or lower

3. Senussi uprising will be added to CP event pool as soon as Turkey and Britain have joined the war and year is 1915 or later.

@everybody: Once Russia has joined the war, the "Swedish navy attacked" event will be available for 2 turns in the CP event pool with a % chance of CP INFLUENCE on Sweden multiplied by 10. Entente can counter-influence. Again this probability is hard-set at the start of the game, so no need to reload.

Manual updated.

Anything else?
FIND IT HERE: http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=218&t=77884&p=662610#p662610
nehi

Post by nehi »

Robotron wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 5:58 pm @nehi:
1. Shelling of Sevastopol is available in CP event pool as soon as Goeben has reached Constantinople and the Dardanelles were closed.
i know its added when goeben arrives, but thats the issue, as event pool can be re-rolled, so i suggest if there can be some random delay but hard set in the begining, now can all "happen" in one turn, if cp save diplo points for it (on top of that i got once vs ai shelling before dardanels)

"in 7th turn is russia facing germans, austrians and ottomans"

same senussi, as soon as britain will finally join the war, fully equiped ottomans will cross the borders on the east and they will call for senussi from the west, i dont see much hope for holding egypt then as britain starts there just with 5 garrisons and 2 turns until first reinforcements
Robotron

Post by Robotron »

Okay then, I've added a 3 turn delay for Sevastopol Shelling and further conditions for Senussi Uprising to be available:

either Italy has joined Entente
or "Maghreb Revolt"
or "Jihad"
must have taken place before then.

Senussi units spawn with 50 hit points.
Expect about 6 units to spawn.
Each unit that spawns will have a chance to be:
Arab infantry: 25%
Arab cavalry: 40%
Arab garrison: 35%
Robotron

Re: POTZBLITZ V7.4, JAN 20th (reload hardened)

Post by Robotron »

And thus:

V7.4 RELOAD HARDENED with all reported bugs fixed, enhancements and updated manual:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1GmSLR ... EmqvGezCeI

Enjoy! :D

Because of changes made to the scripts you will have to start new games or else the game will crash!
nehi

Post by nehi »

magazine explosion, 8/10 dreadnought sunk in homewaters in one shot, how many times it can happen? maybe it sounds like heresy to you, but i believe nothing like that should be possible
Robotron

Post by Robotron »

Magazine explosion ("Lucky Hit") is only available as a possible result of successful INTEL.
The event will be fed to PLAYER A's event pool when the naval code from one of PLAYER B's nations was broken.
PLAYER A then will have to choose this event first and it will be triggered on the next battle where capital ships from said nation of PLAYER B are involved.
It represents the victim unit being caught offguard in a vulnerable situation and/or being sabotaged.

This mechanic is in place for over half a year now.
That you come complaining about it only just now shows how absolutely rare it is.
nehi

Post by nehi »

Robotron wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 7:38 am Magazine explosion ("Lucky Hit") is only available as a possible result of successful INTEL.
The event will be fed to PLAYER A's event pool when the naval code from one of PLAYER B's nations was broken.
PLAYER A then will have to choose this event first and it will be triggered on the next battle where capital ships from said nation of PLAYER B are involved.
It represents the victim unit being caught offguard in a vulnerable situation and/or being sabotaged.

This mechanic is in place for over half a year now.
That you come complaining about it only just now shows how absolutely rare it is.
maybe its rare, i havent seen it for a long time as i havent played mp, but its there

vulnerable situation = on green hex with port in its back, only 2 neighbour green (undermined) hexes accessible, 1 "lucky" hit of two shots, so its recommened not to leave ports at all?

im just asking how many times he can repeat it?

and i hope intel wont decide everything (something like 0 diplo points when u played vs argentum personally)

entente have less diplo points, cp can invest in intel, entente cant or can invest less, entente have no chance in intel race

"You will gain bonus diplo points if your alliance has spent more overall INTEL over enemy nations than your enemy has spent on your nations."

i dont understand, why initial disbalance should end as total domination without real chance to counter it, it sounds like irreversible

"Expect INTEL to deliver occasional boosts like stealing some tech, industrial sabotage (ruining your enemy’s PP and AM production), immunity from minefields, causing collapse points to random enemy nations (rare, but it happens) and giving short-lived but substantial combat bonuses."

isnt it too much for irreversible thing?

btw. what are conditions to have BEF? im playing one more player, but me nor him have BEF as entente, im as entente at turn 8, first game lasted for 11, as cp i havent any war plan chosen, he picked schlieffens, vs ai i usually got it like immediately, same ai vs me, its not available in mp?
Robotron

Post by Robotron »

"Lucky Hits" can occur multiple time.
Having a commander will safe you from lucky hits (but as I can see right now the check is faulty, will have to fix that)
will add exceptions for defender being in port or home waters

For the moment BEF is not in play in MP, an oversight.

Here's how much diplo each nation generates per turn (will add this to the manual)

Entente diplo income per turn:
France: +4
Britain: +5
Russia: +3
Serbia: +1 (up to 2 bonus points in turn 2 only if Ultimatum to Serbia was rejected)
Belgium: +1 (+3 if still alive and "British Guarantee" was played or Ultimatum to Belgium was rejected)
Italy (if joined Entente): +2
USA: +4

North Sea Blockaded: +1
Metz captured: +1
Strasbourg captured: +1
Przemysl captured: +1
Jerusalem captured: +1
Damascus captured: +1
Baghdad captured: +1
Erzurum captured: +1
Britain sinks German dreadnought: +1
Japan joins Entente: +1
Potiorek fired: +1
Trento ceded by AH: +1
Trento captured: +1
Trieste captured: +1

Suez Canal lost: -1
Lyon lost: -1
Verdun lost: -1
Paris lost: -2
Venice lost: -1
Mexico Border War: -1
Trento not ceded by AH: -1

CP diplo income per turn
Austria: +4
Germany: +5
Ottomans: +2
Italy (if joined CP): +2

Belfort captured: +1
Toul captured: +1
Verdun captured: +2
Paris captured: +3
Venice captured: +1

Belgium surrenders and "German General Governement" installed: +1
Serbia surrenders and Tirana captured: +1
"Neutrals invaded" event played: +1
"Bulgaria Mobilzes event": +1
"Greek King favor CP" event: +1
"Jihad" event: +1
"Gott strafe England" events: +1
Suez Canal blocked: +1
Germany sinks British Dreadnought: +1
Trento not ceded: +1
"Kaiser celebrates" event: +1

North Sea Blockaded: -1
Krakow lost: -1
Prezemysl lost: -1
Erzurum lost: -1
Trento ceded: -1
Tsingtao ceded: -1D10 next game turn only
Ottoman mass desertions: -1 each time
Kaiser abdicates: -5
Wilhelmshaven mutiny: -1
Kiel mutiny: -1

ANY ALLIANCE:
Each minor nation: +1
Each lost capital: -1
Each anti-war demonstration: -1

Late war bonus for any nation
in 1915: +1
in 1916: +2
in 1917: +3
in 1918: +4

"Diplomatic efforts" event (? x per game):
diplo income per turn raised by √game turn rounded up

"Double Agent" event (1x per game):
one time diplo bonus equals number of game turn

"Counter Espionage" event (1x per game):
all diplo points lost for CP this turn

Using poison gas first time (1x per game):
all remaining diplo lost for this turn

being infiltrated by successful INTEL action (? x per game):
diplo points reduced to 0 if D100 roll is less than diplo (else diplo halved)
enemy gains one time diplo bonus according to year:
1915: 2D6
1916: 3D6
1917: 4D6
1918: 5D6

variable bonus for having more total INFLUENCE over neutrals:
if D100 is less than √(your INFLUENCE minus ENEMY INFLUENCE) on the tested neutral nation you randomly gain between 0 to √(your INFLUENCE minus ENEMY INFLUENCE).

variable bonus for having more total SIGINT (NOT INTEL, here I was wrong, although SIGINT is modified by having more INTEL.):
if D100 is less than (your SIGINT minus ENEMY SIGINT) on the tested nation you randomly gain between 0 to √(your SIGINT minus ENEMY SIGINT)

Interest bonus if more than 10 dipomatic points left at turn's end (rounded up)
1914: 0%
1915: 25%
1916: 33%
1917: 50%
1918: 66%

Hope that helps.
nehi

Post by nehi »

Robotron wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:17 pm 1.
"Lucky Hits" can occur multiple time.
Having a commander will safe you from lucky hits (but as I can see right now the check is faulty, will have to fix that)
will add exceptions for defender being in port or home waters
1. then see is inaccessible vs desperate re-rollers with intel domination? i havent admiral as it was like first encounter (maybe second, but first just with subs without damage)

3. ok, then im inteldoomed (as intel is sometimes sucking diplo points, pps, ammo, giving collapse points, battlefield bonus etc., its incredible strong advantage, i understand bf bonus or tech stealing, but collapse points for nothing? it can decide whole game, but entente cant avoid it?), just germany and austria are producing more diplo points than france and russia, there are ottomans in allready and diplo bonus for inteldomination is? britain still 7-9 turns to join (whats the new delay for britain in 7.4?
Robotron

Post by Robotron »

Your enemy has no control over how INTEL will work. INTEL is checked at the end of the turn, after pressing "end turn" so it's not reloadable.

Collapse points will only be added in one of five possible outcomes and only after a failed morale test and only if 7 or more collapse points have already been accumulated.

After each time a nation was hit by INTEL there will be 3 turns where that nation is immune.

If you feel so paranoid about INTEL you should spend on COUNTER-INTEL on your own nations.

Austria + Germany + Ottomans = 11 diplo
France + Russia + Serbia = 8 diplo

Britain will DOW on CP automatically once:
Russian morale has fallen below 70 or with a 33% per turn after either "Tannenberg" event has happened or 1915 has begun.
nehi

Post by nehi »

Robotron wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 6:59 pm Your enemy has no control over how INTEL will work. INTEL is checked at the end of the turn, after pressing "end turn" so it's not reloadable.

Collapse points will only be added in one of five possible outcomes and only after a failed morale test and only if 7 or more collapse points have already been accumulated.

After each time a nation was hit by INTEL there will be 3 turns where that nation is immune.

If you feel so paranoid about INTEL you should spend on COUNTER-INTEL on your own nations.

Austria + Germany + Ottomans = 11 diplo
France + Russia + Serbia = 8 diplo

Britain will DOW on CP automatically once:
Russian morale has fallen below 70 or with a 33% per turn after either "Tannenberg" event has happened or 1915 has begun.
i "lost" serbia in first turn

intel works alone, thats enough to be paranoid, many advantages for free, unstoppable

is counter-intel twice effective as intel? no? then i cant neutralize it
Robotron

Post by Robotron »

Counter-INTEL will reduce your enemy's chance to perform INTEL on your own nations by the % amount of COUNTER-INTEL spent.

Counter-INTEL has a chance to raise your nation's SIGINT, making it 100% safe from all INTEL if YOUR SIGINT is higher or equal than that of the enemy.

See "cipher is safe" in green (playing CP)? This means Austria-Hungary is 100% safe from enemy INTEL because your (CP) SIGINT is higher or equal than that of the enemy.
3.jpg
3.jpg (99.2 KiB) Viewed 2320 times
Zombo
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL

Post by Zombo »

Isn't it a bit unnecessary to be informed that one's cypher is safe?

Historically no-one could have such level of certainty, very much to the contrary when it comes to intel/counter-intel warfare. It would actually bring a measure of realistic tension to leave players in the dark about that.
hnox
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Re: POTZBLITZ V7.3, Russia Surrender

Post by hnox »

Hi.

Some questions for 7.3 (I was in the middle of a game when 7.4 was released; please dismiss questions if 7.4 makes them old).

Russia Surrenders. Playing as CP. After taking Moscow and Petersburg, event Peace Talks happens. Then, after several turns (20% chance each turn, according to manual) eventually Russia Surrenders (Brest Litvosk Treaty event). The flavour texts states that partisan guerrilla goes on: is this just flavour or it means that some fight can happen without a declaration of war?

More on this: if a major power offers surrender, and surrender is rejected, will the major power offer surrender next turn if conditions still apply? I.E. for Russia, if I still need to make some territorial gains to connect some isolate units, can I expect the surrender to be offered on next turn again as long as I keep Moscow and Petersburg?

Attacking subs. If I remember correctly, you can't attack a sub unless the attacking ship started the turn adjacent to the sub. So it happens to my CP light cruisers. But my subs are attacked even if they started with no enemies even at sight. Did I miss something? (an update, may be, or even a very advanced tech that allows that).

Permanent diplo point bonus. From your late list, it seems that, unless stated, every DP modifier applies every turn. So, if I had 3 anti-war demonstrations stacked from previous turns, do I have a -3 for the rest of the game (until a new demonstration happens rising to -4)? Same for Germany sinks British Dreadnought: +1. Sinking 3 DN means a +3 every turn? If so, am I right suposing that if I lost Krakow as CP I get -1 until I retake it?

North Sea blockade. If the blockade is lifted, does CP food shortage stay? How long?

As always, thank you very much for your excellent mod!
Robotron

Re: POTZBLITZ V7.3, Russia Surrender

Post by Robotron »

@zombo: I'm all ear to devious designs, let's hear it.

@hnox:
hnox wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 7:26 pmRussia Surrenders. Playing as CP. After taking Moscow and Petersburg, event Peace Talks happens. Then, after several turns (20% chance each turn, according to manual) eventually Russia Surrenders (Brest Litvosk Treaty event). The flavour texts states that partisan guerrilla goes on: is this just flavour or it means that some fight can happen without a declaration of war?
This is just flavor.
hnox wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 7:26 pmMore on this: if a major power offers surrender, and surrender is rejected, will the major power offer surrender next turn if conditions still apply? I.E. for Russia, if I still need to make some territorial gains to connect some isolate units, can I expect the surrender to be offered on next turn again as long as I keep Moscow and Petersburg?
Rejected surrender will set the rejected nation's morale to exactly 5. This might be enough to keep going for a few turns or longer if morale-boosting events should happen in the meantime. If a nation got mauled hard enough (too much casualities, too much PP loss) it should ask again next turn.
hnox wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 7:26 pmAttacking subs. If I remember correctly, you can't attack a sub unless the attacking ship started the turn adjacent to the sub. So it happens to my CP light cruisers. But my subs are attacked even if they started with no enemies even at sight. Did I miss something? (an update, may be, or even a very advanced tech that allows that).
The first unit that ran into a submarine after moving can attack that sub. This has been in the game since vanilla CTGW.
Additionally in PotzBlitz any Light Cruiser equipped with "passive hydrophone" tech can attack subs after moving.
hnox wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 7:26 pmPermanent diplo point bonus. From your late list, it seems that, unless stated, every DP modifier applies every turn. So, if I had 3 anti-war demonstrations stacked from previous turns, do I have a -3 for the rest of the game (until a new demonstration happens rising to -4)? Same for Germany sinks British Dreadnought: +1. Sinking 3 DN means a +3 every turn? If so, am I right suposing that if I lost Krakow as CP I get -1 until I retake it?

Yes, all of this is correct.
hnox wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 7:26 pmNorth Sea blockade. If the blockade is lifted, does CP food shortage stay? How long?
If CP are suffering from a current food shortage it will first have to end either in a good or bad outcome: namely "Hunger Crisis" or "Emergency Plans" events.
Being not blockaded will help to get to the good outcome.
But even if the North Sea is no longer blockaded Germany will not be completely safe from future food shortages (but rather pretty much safe).
To lower the chance for food shortages:
- be not blockaded (duh!)
- play the "Ersatz" event
- conquer Belgium and play the “General Government” event
- conquering Russia, especially try to play “Brest Litovsk treaty” event when Russia is on the ropes
- play "Congress Poland" event (capture all of ex-Poland for this event to be available)
- having good relations with Netherlands, Denmark, Norway and Sweden. Any of the four nations will stop trading with you if their alignment falls to less than 35% in you favor (use your INFLUENCE for this if need be)

hnox wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 7:26 pmAs always, thank you very much for your excellent mod!
Much appreciated. :)

Return to “Commander the Great War : Mods & Scenario Design”