How to edit events?

A forum to discuss custom scenarios, campaigns and modding in general.

Moderators: Slitherine Core, The Lordz

Kossatx
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

How to edit events?

Post by Kossatx »

Hi! I would like to learn to mod events, anyone knows a tutorial about commands to edit events?
Robotron
Brigadier-General - Elite Grenadier

Re: How to edit events?

Post by Robotron »

Well, maybe I could help you.

Let's start with a simple event then.

Tell me a simple event you'd like to have and I will show you how it is done.

You'll also have to provide a PNG graphic file for the event measuring 414 x 348 pixels so the event can actually be included in the game.
Slitherine's Commander the Great War - Director's Cut: POTZBLITZ mod!
FIND IT HERE: http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=218&t=77884&p=662610#p662610
Kossatx

Post by Kossatx »

Thanks again Robotron! I'm using your mod and I enjoy a lot with it, great job! I was thinking about random landings, like Gallipoli, but in different places in order to improve the CPU options. For example:

- If CPU plays Entente.
- If CPU has 1 light cruiser in the North Sea.
- If the proportion of naval power in the North Sea is 3/1 or higher for the Entente.
- If there are no Central Powers ships in 2 hex radius from Emden port.
- If there are no Central Powers units in a radius of 2 hexes from Emden.
- Then 15% probability each turn to happen this: put an Entente infantry unit in Emden and any random Entente light cruiser from the North Sea to Emden's Port hex.

I would like to do something like this, a bit more developed, for many places... but I have no idea about how to do it.
Robotron

Post by Robotron »

That is NOT a "simple event"! :shock:

It's easy enough to write such an event, question is whether you would be overwhelmed by the amount of information I'd have to give you beforehand so you can "read" the script. :?:

Anyway, let's just do it but I need some more information first:
Does the Emden hex has to be empty for the event to trigger or do you want a check for success if it is occupied by CP troops? And if "yes", how big would that success chance be in your opinion. I'm asking because the game will spawn an Entente unit in an adjacent hex if Emden hex is occupied by CP and then the spawning of an Entente fleet in a CP controlled port hex would crash the game.

Alternatively we could have an Entente unit spawning between Emden and Wilhelmshaven with an Entente fleet adjacent to it.
Slitherine's Commander the Great War - Director's Cut: POTZBLITZ mod!
FIND IT HERE: http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=218&t=77884&p=662610#p662610
Kossatx

Post by Kossatx »

Robotron wrote: Tue Jul 17, 2018 6:40 pm That is NOT a "simple event"! :shock:

It's easy enough to write such an event, question is whether you would be overwhelmed by the amount of information I'd have to give you beforehand so you can "read" the script. :?:

Anyway, let's just do it but I need some more information first:
Does the Emden hex has to be empty for the event to trigger or do you want a check for success if it is occupied by CP troops? And if "yes", how big would that success chance be in your opinion. I'm asking because the game will spawn an Entente unit in an adjacent hex if Emden hex is occupied by CP and then the spawning of an Entente fleet in a CP controlled port hex would crash the game.

Alternatively we could have an Entente unit spawning between Emden and Wilhelmshaven with an Entente fleet adjacent to it.
Well, I'll probably not be able to carry on with the amount of information necessary to make an event like this... I have no informatic studyes, I'm only a sociologist who speaks a little english :|

I think your option is better. The success chance could be like that: If the CP unit is an infantry unit 0% chance, if it is a garrison or cavalry unit 10%, and if it is anyone else unit 20% chance, if there is no unit 50%. If the event is triggered, the Entente unit is eliminated, the CP infantry unit lands at Emden city and the lightcruiser arrives at Emden port. ¿What do you think about these chances?

I think the event should be done as simple as possible in order to replicate it with minor adjustements for more landing threats (Cyprus, Malta, Palermo, Messina, Ajaccio, Samsun... etc.). Probably I'm wrong, but I think this could be a way to improve the naval AI performance in the game, and even in your mod. But you don't have to agree with me :wink: Thanks again anyway :D
nehi
1st Lieutenant - Grenadier
1st Lieutenant - Grenadier

Post by nehi »

Kossatx wrote: Fri Jul 20, 2018 1:08 pm Probably I'm wrong, but I think this could be a way to improve the naval AI performance in the game, and even in your mod.

dont think so, as long as ai priority is to protect convoys and transports
Kossatx

Post by Kossatx »

nehi wrote: Fri Jul 20, 2018 4:22 pm
Kossatx wrote: Fri Jul 20, 2018 1:08 pm Probably I'm wrong, but I think this could be a way to improve the naval AI performance in the game, and even in your mod.
dont think so, as long as ai priority is to protect convoys and transports
I agree with you, but that's only a priority for light cruisers, I think the main allied fleet could do better works.
Kossatx

Post by Kossatx »

Also in game_events.lua file, there is other file with events in Potzblitz mod?

Return to “Commander the Great War : Mods & Scenario Design”