Trying to multi play Commander: Great War

Commander - The Great War: Tech Support

Moderators: Slitherine Core, The Lordz

DocOWar
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Trying to multi play Commander: Great War

Post by DocOWar »

I have a Slitherine Acct (Doc o War) and am playing my registered copy. When I push the multiplayer button the verify screen comes up and every time I put my account and password in it gives me an error message and says I am "connection timeout" ???. I cannot access the multi player part of my game. :shock: The single player game plays perfectly. I have opponents who want to play and we cannot connect? I am a Slitherine member- why wont the verify screen recognize me?
DocOWar

Re: Trying to multi play Commander: Great War

Post by DocOWar »

Now I have gotten past the verify screen asking for acct and password- and now another verify box appears- this shows a leader picture that can be scrolled, and has my computer name at top and it only asks for a password that matches a pictures- I have literally spent hours trying every password I have with every picture that is in that verify box- none match, and thus still cant access multi player function.. I can find nowhere to change that password to let me in- and it doesn't answer to any password I put in.
zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Post by zakblood »

you have to type the password and username the same as it is on the forums, so using caps and spaces etc as per here, anything different, it won't know you

game has to be installed and run as admin, on the site version and or steam, if steam the client also has to be run in admin mode and then the correct permissions are given for the firewall to let it through etc, without it's a permissions error or password / username one
DocOWar

Post by DocOWar »

OK well I am not given any chance to put in the site/ account name or password. There is a screen with commanders pictures and a scroll left of right button and there is a single line asking for password. But no password I enter matches any picture- I tried my slitherine password- I tried every password and combo I could think of that I may have used. Nothing. I reinstalled the game and repatched it thinking that it would all go back to zero but it took me right back to where I was before i reinstalled it. When I ask it to go multiplayer it takes it too the small screen with the commanders faces and wants a single line password- and my slitherine password didn't work!! I tried checking- my slitherine acct is good- and my password is fine- I get right in. But I cannot access the multi player function.
How would I install and run my game as admin? I have a steam account but was not running this game on steam. Could that be affecting it?
zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Post by zakblood »

no, if it's the site versions, it's not linked to steam, installing as admin is a simple as right clicking install as admin and running as admin is either altering the shortcut to run as admin once, or right click run as admin on the shortcut each time you play etc

please post a logfile which may explain more what's happening as per link, to show you where and what i'm after etc

viewtopic.php?f=214&t=38738
DocOWar

Post by DocOWar »

This is all that was in the CTGW log file.

Log date: 2019-01-07 00:02:30
[00:02:31][280]Renderer: Intel(R) HD Graphics 2500 version: 4.0.0 - Build 10.18.10.4358
[00:02:31][280]Commander: The Great War(v 1.6.6)
[00:02:31][280]Audio device used: OpenAL Soft
[00:02:31][280]Loading main script
[00:02:31][280]Loading app script
[00:02:31][280]App version:1.6.6
[00:02:31][280]Today is: 7.1.2019
zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Post by zakblood »

can you uninstall the game again, and remove the folder where the log file was in, making sure no files are left, then reinstall and patch to the latest version, again installing and running admin before trying multiplayer, thanks

and do you have more than one account here? either now or in the past?

or on matrix or Ageod site etc?
zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Post by zakblood »

if all this doesn't work, then your only option left is to email full staff support who maybe able to offer some more advice

http://www.slitherine.com/support/

by filing in a support ticket etc. good luck with my method first mind you and hope this time it solves it

check you firewall and anti virus logs as well to make sure neither have stopped anything game related from running first, as if you have a poor AV installed like Avast etc, there known to be very funny and fussy with game installs etc
DocOWar

Post by DocOWar »

I did all that- reinstalled and patched and ran as admin and when I opened my multi player button it again came up with this screen with the commanders photo and a heading over the picture of just" Doc". Not "Doc o War". I have had Doc o War a longtime- its possible there was another account of just Doc over a decade ago, very unlikely it would be popping up. I will next do a request to the full staff. Something is locking me out of multi player?? Arggg
zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Post by zakblood »

yes, more than likely a older account etc, so a account merge from staff would be needed to fix, so that's for them to suggest etc once the support ticket is filled, good luck
DocOWar

Post by DocOWar »

Zakblood- thanks for your help. Someone from support staff has contacted me. I wager its an old account. I did that Matrix/Slitherine unity merge the other day and I fear an old Matrix account - I mean a really old one. Is what came up as the account to answer too. It keeps asking for a password I had over 10 years ago. and wont pass me into a multi player situation. Anyway thanks for the quick response.
zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Post by zakblood »

well support will sort you as they have access to stuff i don't, so good luck and happy gaming

Return to “Commander - The Great War: Tech Support”