Does anyone else get a crash when zooming out on the map?

Commander - The Great War: Tech Support

Moderators: Slitherine Core, The Lordz

AJE
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Does anyone else get a crash when zooming out on the map?

Post by AJE »

What the title says. This has been a problem since I started using the game, and I've always thought it was just random crashes, but I finally realized that they happen when I use the mouse wheel to scroll all the way out. It crashes just before I can see the whole map.
zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Re: Does anyone else get a crash when zooming out on the map

Post by zakblood »

sounds more like a hardware software issue than a pure game one, or others would be having the same issue, for me

lets take a look,

How to get a DxDiag report file:

1. Click on "START" (on Windows 8 press “Windows key” and the “R” key at the same time)
2. Click "run" (skip this step on Windows 8 )
3. Type in "dxdiag" and click "OK"
4. Check through the tabs and perform all tests
5. Click "Save all Information..." and save the text file to a location of your choice

We prefer that DxDiag files be posted as message attachments (zip) rather than pasted into the body of the post.

add the exe of the game to your Anti Virus and firewall program, to make sure check the logs of these to see if it was one if any of them was to blame.

That usually means a 3rd party program, like an Internet security programs, is or could be interfering with the game or update installation.

run the game from a admin account and use full admin permissions.

please make sure all game pre requisite are installed with the game, even if you think or fully know there are already installed, it will only over write, and it may be that you have a older or newer version of these where as the game in question may need a certain version.

please make sure you are running the latest game version and have up to date drivers installed on your pc,

If you have the original version. So you'll need to update it from the Internet.
Please note that you'll only need the last update, as the updates are comprehensive. (not needed with steam)
harry_vdk
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie

Re: Does anyone else get a crash when zooming out on the map

Post by harry_vdk »

Yes,

Its look a issue with the screen resolution.

Playing on a mainstream screen resolution there is no problem but if the resolution big 4k (3840x2160) or (2560x1440), the map can by zoomed out beyond the map and the game crashed.

Return to “Commander - The Great War: Tech Support”