1.66 for ipad

Commander - The Great War: Tech Support

Moderators: Slitherine Core, The Lordz

nehi
1st Lieutenant - Grenadier
1st Lieutenant - Grenadier

1.66 for ipad

Post by nehi »

will be anytime or it wont happen? i was just curious, why so many games never start or stops after first turn, but now when one of ipaders communicate with me through this forums, it looks like 1.66 pc vs 1.64 ipad is like unevitable crash sooner or later

3 of 4 games even couldnt start, 4th glitched in 6th turn, that ipader saw all my units and economy and couldnt play anymore

which gives 100% "success"

now i have for next 30 days 3 undeletable games (and question is how many of all that inactive in my list is the same case), because only 1 he could forfeit (that glitched one)
Tamas
Slitherine
Slitherine

Re: 1.66 for ipad

Post by Tamas »

I am sorry to hear there are compatibility issues between the versions.

Unfortunately, we cannot update the iPad version to 1.66 because Apple now only accepts 64bit apps, and Great War is a 32bit app and we have no way of changing that.
cakechris
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Re: 1.66 for ipad

Post by cakechris »

Hello Tamas. I've programmed iPad apps in Objective C, including the transition from 32 bit to 64 bit. Would Slitherine be willing to accept my offer to volunteer to do the transition for you? Happy to sign an NDA.
I read in another post that this issue is dependent on the code remaining compatible between all the different platforms, but surely Commander The Great War was written in Objective C.

Sincerely,
Chris

Return to “Commander - The Great War: Tech Support”