erase old closed challenges

Commander - The Great War: Tech Support

Moderators: Slitherine Core, The Lordz

nehi
1st Lieutenant - Grenadier

Re: erase old closed challenges

Post by nehi »

isnt that something completely different than just screenshot of mp lobby? 8)

anyway ms paint can do all of it
operating
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Post by operating »

operating wrote:
nehi wrote:it works just fine, u can paste it in ms word like that too, but it doesnt make much sense, when it will be send in email anyway
Originally I learned about doing screenshots just to include them in AARs and forum posts (1600 or so) over at the Matrix CTGW forum, later included screenshots in emails or for references to be stored in folders for later use. Many times used screenshots for in game bug issues or identifying map errors. At the Matrix forum full sized screenshots are allowed, however here at the Slitherine forum screenshots more than likely will have to be resized (not as easy as Matrix) to be included in a post or AAR.
OK, I used screenshots of MP lobby too, to be sent to Slitherine Support for defined reasons as stated previously (ie: to identify and delete old MP matches).
Schmacki
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by Schmacki »

Hello guys from Slitherine!
I have made my first screenshot and send it enclosed with an E-Mail to your support. I hope this time your support gets my mail. If everything has worked fine I make screenshots of all the concerning pages of my playlist and send it to you.
I´m looking forward to get a feedback if everything was o.k.
Best wishes
Schmacki
zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Post by zakblood »

ok thanks
Schmacki
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by Schmacki »

Hi Slitherine people!
I have sent you a screenshot some days ago but unfortunately nothing happened so far. Have I to use the created ticket No. ? You want to have a closer look on my playlist have you done this ? My playlist is still growing. If necessary I can make screenshots of all 5 pages of my playlist and sent it to you.
greetings and best wishes
Schmacki
zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Post by zakblood »

please give it a while longer as over the weekend there's the same amount of staff on maybe so won't be much longer now hopefully, repost if it's not happened in a day or 2 more, thanks
VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by VPaulus »

@Schmacki
I'm sorry but this issue involves a deeper issue with the multiplayer code, and the developers are working on fixing it, but it might take a few weeks before they manage to.
operating
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Post by operating »

Schmacki wrote:Hi Slitherine people!
I have sent you a screenshot some days ago but unfortunately nothing happened so far. Have I to use the created ticket No. ? You want to have a closer look on my playlist have you done this ? My playlist is still growing. If necessary I can make screenshots of all 5 pages of my playlist and sent it to you.
greetings and best wishes
Schmacki
Have been following this issue and cannot understand why there has been no action taken by Slitherine? Myself and nehi (who posted on this subject) have not had any problems with Slitherine deleting matches that have met all the requirements to be eliminated off "your" MP game list. I'll admit there has been times where a deletion request took a couple of weeks to be processed, often it took just a couple of days, in the end there was always a confirmation email that the task was completed..

There's no need to take pictures of the 5 pages of the MP playlist, only pictures of the "matches you are involved in" should be just fine.

I have to ask if any of the matches you are asking to be deleted: Do any have a GREEN helmet? If so (GREEN), you have the right to open up that match and choose to SURRENDER, thus eliminating the match yourself, resulting in a checkered flag where the GREEN helmet resided before. Then you can choose to eliminate the checkered flag afterwards, some players may not realize this...
VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by VPaulus »

operating wrote: Have been following this issue and cannot understand why there has been no action taken by Slitherine? Myself and nehi (who posted on this subject) have not had any problems with Slitherine deleting matches that have met all the requirements to be eliminated off "your" MP game list.
I have already explained, his issue is different.
We don't see most of his multiplayer games on the server's list. In short, we cannot delete a game that we can't see in the server.
So this indicates a problem somewhere on the game netcode and unfortunately can only be fixed by the game developer.
Otherwise we would have deleted his games, like we always do with any other player who request that.
Probably, there are other players also affected by this issue.
nehi

Post by nehi »

i was curious too, whats wrong with schmackis game list (when my issues with inactive games were solved always fine and quickly)

now that thrilling story makes finally some sense 8)
operating
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Post by operating »

VPaulus wrote: I have already explained, his issue is different.
We don't see most of his multiplayer games on the server's list. In short, we cannot delete a game that we can't see in the server.
So this indicates a problem somewhere on the game netcode and unfortunately can only be fixed by the game developer.
Otherwise we would have deleted his games, like we always do with any other player who request that.
[/quote]

It seems a bit bizarre that a game can be used on a Slitherine server (only course of action) for a number of turns without a trace or history! Are you saying the server does not have a memory? Investigators go into servers all the time for forensic reasons all the time to retrieve data. (Political comments removed ) . Not saying that the Slitherine server rises to a big problem, just very odd... :roll: Also I have a tendency to think that Slitherine has a backup server that could be searched for game history...

Do you really think the devs are going to waste time and money on resolving this issue? If they do I'll start going to church again.... :lol:
Last edited by VPaulus on Fri Feb 12, 2016 11:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Political comments removed
VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by VPaulus »

operating wrote: It seems a bit bizarre that a game can be used on a Slitherine server (only course of action) for a number of turns without a trace or history! Are you saying the server does not have a memory? Also I have a tendency to think that Slitherine has a backup server that could be searched for game history...
Once more I'm going to say that the the issue is with the netcode and not with the server itsellf. If we have four back servers, the issue will be seen in each one them.
The game is caching some information that it shouldn't.
Schmacki
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by Schmacki »

Hi nehi and operating!
My problem is that the games of other people who hasn´t played are in my overview list. So my list is now 5 pages long. The games concerning me are treated properly by slitherine. So I have displayed closed challenges of other people in my list which are up to 6 month old and never have been played and unfortunately never have been erased. For seeing the actually challenges I have to scroll through 5 pages. I just want to have these old closed challenges of others erased from my list that should be done automatically but in my case it don´t work. So I hope now that was helpful and informative for you.
Best wishes and greetings
Schmacki
operating
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Post by operating »

Yes, that is weird! Have you considered changing your member name or create a name (fresh start "0" challenges) you could use just for MP?
Schmacki
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by Schmacki »

Hi operating!
I like my name because it refers to my family name. Also I might not been the only one with this problem and so I will keep the guys from slitherine being busy on this subject. But thanks for your suggestion becoming an input of new ideas is always nice and helpful.
greetings
schmacki
VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by VPaulus »

Schmacki wrote: I will keep the guys from slitherine being busy on this subject.
Actually it's more with the TheLordz.
Schmacki
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by Schmacki »

Hi VPaulus!
My last post concerning this issue is 5 weeks past. Have the people from Lordz working on it ? because nothing has changed for me. I still have 18 games older than 6 month and additional 19 games older than a month in my overview list. If you want Paulo I can send you my password and you can see what I see if I enter the game list.
Best greetings
Schmacki
operating
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Post by operating »

Waiting for "who" to work on it, is like waiting for hell to freeze over... So much for customer support.... :lol:
Schmacki
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by Schmacki »

Hurra!
Thank the Lordz!
My problem was solved. All old closed challenges older than a month are erased from my overview list. My list is now only one side long.
Thanks to the guys who have done it although it has taken some weeks. Finally they done it and a customer is happy.
Best wishes and greetings to all who were involved.
Schmacki
nehi

Post by nehi »

ive noticed private challenges are much shorter now also

Return to “Commander - The Great War: Tech Support”