Commander - The Great War: Tech Support

Moderators: Slitherine Core, The Lordz

Schmacki
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

erase old closed challenges

Post by Schmacki »

Hello !
I have still 5 closed challenges in my playlist from june 2015. It would be nice if Slithrine would create algorithms for an automatically closing after 3 months/90 days. I think a combination of duration and inactivity would work fine. That would shorten the playlists of a lot of people very quick. I hope this proposal is helpful and looking forward to get plenty echo.
greetings
Schmacki
pipfromslitherine
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: erase old closed challenges

Post by pipfromslitherine »

The server should automatically cull games that have not been actioned in (IIRC) 30 days. The server team are checking in to it.

Cheers

Pip
follow me on Twitter here
Schmacki
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by Schmacki »

Hello Pip!
Thanks for your quick reply. If you need detailed data about the mentioned games don`t hesitate to contact me. My playlist is now going over 3 sites to scroll because of old closed challenges nobody has played.
greetings
Schmacki
pipfromslitherine
Site Admin
Site Admin

Games which have not been played for more than 30 days should be being killed off. If you definitely have them in there from June I will ask the team to look specifically at your games list.

Cheers

Pip
operating
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Post by operating »

pipfromslitherine wrote:Games which have not been played for more than 30 days should be being killed off. If you definitely have them in there from June I will ask the team to look specifically at your games list.

Cheers

Pip
Pip;

The game specifically implies claim rules that can be implemented by the moving player, however those rules for some reason cannot be utilized. Paulo for years has done an excellent job of eliminating these old games "upon request", but the fact remains that the programmers failed to address the issues and leaves you with a problem to juggle for which you cannot fix on your own, except on an individual basis, which requires Slitherine Support.. So what you suggest in the above quote just brings it back to the original source of the problem: Programming....

Yours truly
pipfromslitherine
Site Admin
Site Admin

I meant the server team. You are correct that the game client should provide the ability to claim abandoned games too, but there is (should be) an automated system which kills of any and all games which haven't been touched in (e.g.) a month.

They are looking into why this system doesn't seem to be working. Can you give me the details on your June 2015 game so I can provide them with as much info as possible.

Killing off games of this ancientness shouldn't be something that has to be done by hand, you are correct.

Cheers

Pip
Schmacki
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by Schmacki »

Hi Pip!
Have seen you were active so I want to know if your team have had a look into my playlist. Only player rossc with two old games disappeared. Now my playlist is about 5 pages to scroll but without rossc there are only 3 June matches left. But there are plenty other months with old not played games. The automatically deleting still do not work.
greetings
Schmacki
nehi
1st Lieutenant - Grenadier

Post by nehi »

im writing every month to support and i dont have problem with old games then :lol:

i wonder, if its not less work to make claim button working than this
pipfromslitherine
Site Admin
Site Admin

I will follow up.

Cheers

Pip
petirouge
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by petirouge »

Hi Schmacki,
I see you should have 9 games in your list... is it correct? The oldest one is from 29th July 2015, but it has been finished the 8th of January?

Cheers,
'Pet'
Schmacki
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by Schmacki »

Hi petirouge!
You are only partly correct. It is correct that I have kept this old finished game because it reminds me of 95 turns of fun, but the total number of games concerning me is 7 at the moment. But I have also old closed challenges of other players in the list. The oldest is from player rand and the date is the 15.06.´15 and the newest is from player teletabicus from the 19.01.
The total number of these old closed challenges in my list is 37 games.
I hope this information is helpful
greetings
Schmacki
operating
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Post by operating »

Schmacki wrote:Hi petirouge!
You are only partly correct. It is correct that I have kept this old finished game because it reminds me of 95 turns of fun, but the total number of games concerning me is 7 at the moment. But I have also old closed challenges of other players in the list. The oldest is from player rand and the date is the 15.06.´15 and the newest is from player teletabicus from the 19.01.
greetings
Schmacki
What I usually do is: Take screenshots of "my" MP game list, highlight or box in the (name of) games to be removed in paint. Attach the final picture to an email to Slitherine support describing in detail what I'd like to have deleted, often with an explanation why.
petirouge
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by petirouge »

operating wrote:
greetings
Schmacki
What I usually do is: Take screenshots of "my" MP game list, highlight or box in the (name of) games to be removed in paint. Attach the final picture to an email to Slitherine support describing in detail what I'd like to have deleted, often with an explanation why.
Yes, this will help a lot! If you can send us a screenshot of what you are seeing in the game, it would be great
Schmacki
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by Schmacki »

operating wrote:
greetings
Schmacki
Hi Operating!
Sorry I am just a plain user I don`t know how to make a screenshot. My computer knowledge is suficient for playing but I´m no nerd. But if you explain how to make a screenshot I will try it. My system is Windows 7.
greetings
Schmacki
nehi

Post by nehi »

when your operating system is running, anytime u press "print screen" key on your kb (northeast from big enter 8) ), image of your screen is saved to operating memory, than u can just simply paste it in some program, ms paint is enough, then just "save as" where u can name it

but in ctgw, it makes me just black screen, i need to run it in window (not full screen) to make proper screen shot

last tip, when u press alt+"print screen" together, it makes screenshot just for active window (no background with desktop, taskbar etc.)
operating
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Post by operating »

Schmacki

Downloaded windows 10 a few days ago, now my pc is all screwed up. Kirk 23 put together an excellent thread for doing screenshots (step by step) over at the Matrix CTGW forum, which I can not access at the moment. I'm trying to recall the steps: first is CTRL + P to take the picture you wish to keep, then go docs/games/slitherine/ctgw. Click docs once, then double click games, then either click once or twice (IIRC) slitherine, then click ctgw twice. OK now you should be able to see the picture or pictures you took earlier (with a picture ID number above or below the picture), but they will not be in the form that can be attached to an email. What can be done is to select a picture (click it) to be moved to paint (there will be other selections for what to do with the picture, such as ie: move to desktop ect.) . When you get the picture into paint, you can now save that picture to a jpeg form (most common used). OK to do that click "save", a number of options pop up, that's when you click "jpeg", I usually send that new saved jpeg picture to desktop (to be easily accessed for later use or put in a folder).

Now the question is: Do you know how to attach a picture from desktop to an email?

Hope this has been of some help... Bob :wink:
nehi

Post by nehi »

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.as ... =&#3558344

its so long im lazy even to read it, dont say follow it :lol:

i prefer alt+prtscr in game window and ctrl+v in ms paint 8)
operating
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Post by operating »

Yes, just came from the Matrix forum with the same thread http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3558344 (tutorial for taking screenshots in ctgw). Never tried nehi's method, however I know that Kirk's method is detailed and works tried and true.

Just a quick thought: Kirk mentions using paint.net, it's not necessary to download any programs/software to process screenshots from ctgw..
nehi

Post by nehi »

it works just fine, u can paste it in ms word like that too, but it doesnt make much sense, when it will be send in email anyway
operating
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Post by operating »

nehi wrote:it works just fine, u can paste it in ms word like that too, but it doesnt make much sense, when it will be send in email anyway
Originally I learned about doing screenshots just to include them in AARs and forum posts (1600 or so) over at the Matrix CTGW forum, later included screenshots in emails or for references to be stored in folders for later use. Many times used screenshots for in game bug issues or identifying map errors. At the Matrix forum full sized screenshots are allowed, however here at the Slitherine forum screenshots more than likely will have to be resized (not as easy as Matrix) to be included in a post or AAR.

Return to “Commander - The Great War: Tech Support”