Cannot load game, played before??

Commander - The Great War: Tech Support

Moderators: Slitherine Core, The Lordz

dcole99
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Cannot load game, played before??

Post by dcole99 »

I just reinstalled the game on Steam. I have played before many times on previous computer. This is a new box. Also have upgraded monitor now 2550x1440. I reconfigured that and started game. Intro played and then I saw the left 2/3 of the Commander screen. I sat about 10 minutes and still the same. I have reconfigured back to 1920x1080, verified files 3 times, uninstalled and reinstalled 4 times. The same result every, time stuck on that screen. I also did some reading on this forum I did delete Commander files in documents and steam. Nothing makes any difference. Would appreciate some help, thanks.
zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Re: Cannot load game, played before??

Post by zakblood »

did any of the information in the read me help, have you tried any of it etc?

viewtopic.php?f=214&t=38738
dcole99

Post by dcole99 »

Turns out none of the info is applicable. I was going through the "discussions" and someone mentioned you cannot use Zoom?? I was trying to figure out what the heck he was referring to and it hit me. When I got my new monitor things were smaller due to the higher resolution. In order to read things under normal circumstances I used the zoom function in Windows 10 to 150%. Everything else works fine until this game. It zooms the loading screen so you cannot see things at the bottom of the screen to click on. When I go back to 100% it shows me the whole page. Something with this game perhaps the open gl, at any rate that was it.
zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Post by zakblood »

DPI usage is operating side, not game side, but like everything, depending on O/S etc, you can override it on the shortcut to not use a higher DPI setting, default is 96DPI

i use

User DPI Setting: 120 DPI (125 percent)
System DPI Setting: 144 DPI (150 percent)

Current Mode: 1920 x 1080 (32 bit) (60Hz)

as i like a closer look so tend to have to alter the shortcut myself for some games also

Return to “Commander - The Great War: Tech Support”