Can't play the game anymore.

Commander - The Great War: Tech Support

Moderators: Slitherine Core, The Lordz

Indy3980
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Can't play the game anymore.

Post by Indy3980 »

Hello, Happy New Year. Well i playied the game in the past just fine and finished an Entete campaign and stuff.! My rig is a I/7 8700K 3.7 6 cores, 1080TI 11GB, 16 GB DDR4 2600 and i play the games 4K.! I have win 10x64. I don't remember if i playied the game with win 7x64 that i had back then or win 10. The problem now is that when i try to run it with 4K resolution - 3840x2160 it run it but in the options menu i can't see any options tabs and the image of the German soldiers its not correct in the center of the monitor as it was just fine in the past and the option tabs that were just fine.! If i change resolution like 2K or 1080p i have the tabs but the mouse pointer can't go down to click on the tabs.!? I tried to change the resolution from the games folder\Data\options but it did not help.! Again i used to play the game in the past with the same rig but again i don't remember if i plaied with win7x64 or win 10.! I hope there is a solution or a workaround i really want to play the game again.! Thanks in advance.???
zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Re: Can't play the game anymore.

Post by zakblood »

welcome to the forum, sorry for the late reply, didn't see the post

have you converted the key and tried in on steam?

not that it matters, as it does work fine on windows 10, you just need to install it as admin, so right click install as admin and right click run as admin and update to the latest version, and install anything it ask, pre requites etc and then you should be good to go
VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by VPaulus »

The issue might be related with your DPI settings. Have you played it before in the same system? Have you reinstalled it without having deleted the folder named "Commander The Great War" in the Windows documents folder (...\Documents\My Games)?
Indy3980

Post by Indy3980 »

Hey guys thanks for the respond.! Well someone in steam told me something and all good now with the game.! I had to downgrade my resolution to 2K and the zoom thing that win 10 have i had to downgrade it down too and with this solution i am able to run - see the options menu tabs and finally play the game.! I have the latest version of the game latest drivers for my GPU/Motherboard/Sound.! Yes i played it with this system i told you that i have these days.! The other thing is that the saves from my previous campaign that i played with the Entente and i finished with wining the war are vanished i can't find my saves do you know anything about this matter.!? And i want to say that i love CTGW is my favorite strategy for WW1 you guys with your partners make great games and i will buy more in the future. Btw if you know a better solution for the first problem so i don't have to downgrade my resolution in the desktop every time etc etc you can tell me.!? :)
nehi
1st Lieutenant - Grenadier
1st Lieutenant - Grenadier

Post by nehi »

Indy3980 wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 1:14 pm Hey guys thanks for the respond.! Well someone in steam told me something and all good now with the game.! I had to downgrade my resolution to 2K and the zoom thing that win 10 have i had to downgrade it down too and with this solution i am able to run - see the options menu tabs and finally play the game.! I have the latest version of the game latest drivers for my GPU/Motherboard/Sound.! Yes i played it with this system i told you that i have these days.! The other thing is that the saves from my previous campaign that i played with the Entente and i finished with wining the war are vanished i can't find my saves do you know anything about this matter.!? And i want to say that i love CTGW is my favorite strategy for WW1 you guys with your partners make great games and i will buy more in the future. Btw if you know a better solution for the first problem so i don't have to downgrade my resolution in the desktop every time etc etc you can tell me.!? :)
if u like ww1, try this
viewtopic.php?f=218&t=77884

i like even vanilla game, but this mod is better, especially many and chosable events are great adition (then its feels like hybrid of ctgw and world war one ageod game)

its quite stable and playable
Indy3980

Post by Indy3980 »

nehi wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 5:39 pm
Indy3980 wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 1:14 pm Hey guys thanks for the respond.! Well someone in steam told me something and all good now with the game.! I had to downgrade my resolution to 2K and the zoom thing that win 10 have i had to downgrade it down too and with this solution i am able to run - see the options menu tabs and finally play the game.! I have the latest version of the game latest drivers for my GPU/Motherboard/Sound.! Yes i played it with this system i told you that i have these days.! The other thing is that the saves from my previous campaign that i played with the Entente and i finished with wining the war are vanished i can't find my saves do you know anything about this matter.!? And i want to say that i love CTGW is my favorite strategy for WW1 you guys with your partners make great games and i will buy more in the future. Btw if you know a better solution for the first problem so i don't have to downgrade my resolution in the desktop every time etc etc you can tell me.!? :)
if u like ww1, try this
viewtopic.php?f=218&t=77884

i like even vanilla game, but this mod is better, especially many and chosable events are great adition (then its feels like hybrid of ctgw and world war one ageod game)

its quite stable and playable
nehi fella thanks for the info pal i will consider to play with this mod.

Return to “Commander - The Great War: Tech Support”