Scourge of War Series : Tech Support

Moderator: Slitherine Core

Chriss613
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Suddenly having issues accessing SoW

Post by Chriss613 »

Hello
I'm a late player to this game having just purchased it this past may. I got it in CD, and initially had no problems playing it. Back in July/August I had the same issue may people on here had with MacAfee not allowing the game to open. Having removed MacAfee the issue was promptly fixed. But now I am having the exact same issue. The game worked fine as of December 13th. Properties still show that the game is being ran under Windows 7 since the normal mode for this computer is Windows 10. I have attempted to uninstall/reinstall with no luck. When I click on the game icon the message that has always first popped up "Do you want to allow this app from an unknown publisher to make changes to your device?" Hit yes and the opening screen for the game appears. I can access all the other options such as "Game Manual" "Support" "Forums" etc. But it will not do anything if I try to access "Play". I know the usual idea would be to disable MacAfee but as stated, MacAfee was uninstalled several months ago and now I just have Norton (which has always allowed the game to play and even now show no issues with the game). Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Re: Suddenly having issues accessing SoW

Post by zakblood »

check the log of Norton would be my first guess, as if it worked before and now doesn't something been upgraded and stopped it, so a log check will say for sure
Chriss613

Post by Chriss613 »

Actually I tried re-uploading it again this evening and I got a virus notification from Norton "sowgb.exe contained threat: Heur.advMLB". Am I the only who has had this problem so far?
VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by VPaulus »

That's a false positive. Create a rule or add an exclusion scan area for the exe and the game folder in Norton.
https://support.symantec.com/en_US/arti ... 80920.html

Unfortunately, Norton, McAfee and AVG tend to produce false positives.

Return to “Scourge of War Series : Tech Support”