Crash when selecting New Game (Steam install)

Support for games using the Alea Jacta Est engine such as Birth of Rome

Moderator: Slitherine Core

Bullman
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Crash when selecting New Game (Steam install)

Post by Bullman »

Hi,

I am getting this error when I press "New Game" when I am in my Steam install of AJE.

log file here: http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?fi ... 8745654491

I actually deleted the game from Steam (including all the saves) and tried reinstalling from scratch. I still get he same error message.

What do I do?

I also have another question. I bought the Parthian Wars and Hannibal DLC using Steam. I normally buy the DLC direct from Slitherine and then use the Serial Key to register the DLC with Steam.
How do I now register the DLC with Slitherine/Matrix? When I log in to my account there it would make sense if the Parthian Wars and Hannibal DLC was listed as registered there.

FWIW, I also have a non-Steam install of AJE on my PC, but without getting a Slitherine/Matrix serial from my Steam purchased DLC, I won't be able to access the new DLC I have purchased.
VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine

Re: Crash when selecting New Game (Steam install)

Post by VPaulus »

Could you please zip and attach !Main.log.txt file? The file can be found in the folder reported by the error message.

Regarding your other question, I'm sorry but you can't register those DLC on your Slitherine/Matrix account. Those DLC are for exclusive use on the Steam version of the game.

Return to “Alea Jacta Est Series : Tech Support”