How to Play Multiplayer SOW Gettysburg

Scourge of War Series

Moderator: Slitherine Core

canuckgamer
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

How to Play Multiplayer SOW Gettysburg

Post by canuckgamer »

I bought SOW Gettysburg years ago from Norbsoft and yesterday decided to check it out again. It is updated to version 1.61. Played the first two tutorials and then was curious how multiplayer now works.

I created a player name and password. When I tried to connect to the multiplayer lobby, the following message appeared: "Not connected to server." Is multiplayer now only using direct IP or how does it work? Thanks.
zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Re: How to Play Multiplayer SOW Gettysburg

Post by zakblood »

you need to allow the program access to pass through your firewall, if it's blocked it won't allow the connection
canuckgamer

Post by canuckgamer »

Thanks for the reply but I already set it so SOW Gettysburg would be an exception for the firewall and it still doesn't work. For direct IP when I tried to map port the following messaged came up.

"Could not map port 31791 port creation failed. You will have to manually map your port to host games"

So it appears neither of the multiplayer options is going to work. It would have been nice when Slitherine acquired the SOW series if they had used the server they use for Field of Glory II PBEM for multiplayer SOW.
El Swanto
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Post by El Swanto »

Like you, I was unable to enter lobby, but I was able to "join" using IP method.

There are two problems though:

1) there don't seem to be any multiplayer games

2) Slitherine couldn't care less. They continue to market these games knowing full well that the multiplayer function is useless.

Return to “Scourge of War Gettysburg”