Crash (and suspected cause)

Moderators: doomtrader, Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Moderators, Panzer Corps Design

smmoulder
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Crash (and suspected cause)

Post by smmoulder »

I am playing as USSR in 1944 Quickgame. I have just taken Finland's second city (Turku), having taken Helsinki the previous turn. When I click Finish Turn, I am immediately dumped to the desktop. The Autosave has my units and turn progress saved, so I can try it again. It is repeatable. I suspect the crash is triggered by Finland trying to surrender.

A (possibly related anamoly) - at the beginning of both the 1944 and 1943 scenarios, the USSR and Finland are not at war. In this game, I declared war so I could take Finland out.

I tried an experiment where I switched Finland to Human control and was able to get past the crash. *Update* this only worked temporarily. When I clicked Finish Turn for the Finns, the game crashed again.
doomtrader
Lieutenant Colonel - Fw 190A

Re: Crash (and suspected cause)

Post by doomtrader »

Please send me the autosave folder to support[at]wastelands-interactive.com
doomtrader

Post by doomtrader »

We have found the reason and already prepared a fix for the patch, which we are hoping to release at the very beginning of September.

If you don't want to wait, just edit the entry of Finland alliance allegiance in countries.csv file
denrbeach
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Post by denrbeach »

Game crashed when Germany announced to declare war against low countries in 1939 game. Windows 7. Well the date was I believe late fall, I am Germany, the only AI human and I was trying to make my first movement into the Baltics and then crashed.
Last edited by denrbeach on Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
doomtrader

Post by doomtrader »

drbeach wrote:Game crashed when Germany announced to declare war against low countries in 1939 game. Windows 7
Any more details?
who is playing who, and which turn?
Is it repeatable?

Return to “Tech Support”