Reinforcing air groups and subs

Strategic War in Europe is a grand strategy game where you command one or more of the 25 countries in WW2.

Moderators: doomtrader, Slitherine Core

lotharr51
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Reinforcing air groups and subs

Post by lotharr51 »

To reinforce my level 2 tac bombers from 7 to 10 costs ~100 PP. This seems really expensive. Every time I bomb an enemy unit, I almost always lose a point. With these settings, I don't even want to use tac bombers. Am I doing something wrong?

Kind of the same issues with subs. I send out a sub to the SW ocean territory to intercept shipping, my subs always seem to get bombed, and I do like a single point of transportation damage. Here again, am I missing something?

I always attach commanders to these guys.
doomtrader
Lieutenant Colonel - Fw 190A
Lieutenant Colonel - Fw 190A

Re: Reinforcing air groups and subs

Post by doomtrader »

lotharr51 wrote:To reinforce my level 2 tac bombers from 7 to 10 costs ~100 PP. This seems really expensive. Every time I bomb an enemy unit, I almost always lose a point. With these settings, I don't even want to use tac bombers. Am I doing something wrong?

Kind of the same issues with subs. I send out a sub to the SW ocean territory to intercept shipping, my subs always seem to get bombed, and I do like a single point of transportation damage. Here again, am I missing something?

I always attach commanders to these guys.
The costs seems to be accurate to what we have implemented. You have to remember there is 2500 planes in fully reinforced units.
I'll take a look at the combat tables, maybe it is worth to increase losses dealt by bombers to land units.
lotharr51

Re: Reinforcing air groups and subs

Post by lotharr51 »

I've been playing some more, and it's not so bad if my luck is better. It just strikes me as odd that luck plays such an important role. I have the feeling that operational losses by tac bombers would not have soaked production to this extent when employed in the right environment namely: air superiority, good weather and standard to weak AA. The difference between high and low risk operations doesn't seem to be reflected properly.

Also, it should be cheaper to repair losses than to create new units. It should also be cheaper to fix marginal damage (1,2 points of damage), than fixing major loss.

I'll play some more and get more data.

Return to “Strategic War in Europe”