Steam Testing

Moderator: Pandora Moderators

SSLConf_Koriko
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Re: Steam Testing

Post by SSLConf_Koriko »

The brokefort save is the only other save during that test game. I should have saved one before the invasion but we both knew we would get destroyed by it anyway so we didn't bother making many saves during the game. I have some auto saves -AFTER- losing but that's all I have for that game.

PS: Ditch the nerf bat and drag out the nuclear nerf bombs.

OH, as a side note, I did actually attempt to prepare for the invasion. I have every single city pumping out the best units possible throughout the entire game. One of my cities had 157 power before the invasion which promptly got vaporized by ions and their units.
mara
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by mara »

Oh! That reminds me, assuming the invasion is fought off, is there a way to clean up the infestation?
SephiRok
Proxy Studios
Proxy Studios

Post by SephiRok »

Also Storms last twice as long as they should on Quick. :\

Yes you can clean up infestation with Formers.
Rok Breulj
Designer and Programmer
Proxy Studios
mara
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by mara »

SephiRok wrote:Also Storms last twice as long as they should on Quick. :\

Yes you can clean up infestation with Formers.
So if they're twice as long as they should be, do they do less damage/turn on slower speeds?
void
Proxy Studios
Proxy Studios

Post by void »

Alright guys the minimum forces of an invasion should be a lot more manageable now. Before, if players had no army left from waring, they couldn't handle it.

Portals now come with different unit combinations, less storms, and storms now last 3 instead of 5 turns.

Also, the warning now happens 20 instead of 10 turns before impact.
Lorenz Ruhmann
Proxy Studios
Raja

Post by Raja »

First load: got a dozen or so turns in and an alt-tab froze the game (although I could still click to the menu to exit).
Second load: got a dozen or so turns in and then got called away (then read on the forums that people were getting massacred by the invasion, and decided to wait for a patch).

Also, noticed that turning the scroll speeds all the way down in the settings menu yielded a very large number before clicking the right arrow settled it on zero.*

Hoping to get some time in this evening. I just went into the game's properties on Steam and opted into the Public Beta, was this the right thing to do?
SephiRok wrote:Also Storms last twice as long as they should on Quick. :\
Should I wait for this to be fixed?

*Edit
Last edited by Raja on Thu May 29, 2014 8:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SephiRok
Proxy Studios
Proxy Studios

Post by SephiRok »

Should be much better now in the Steam Beta.
Rok Breulj
Designer and Programmer
Proxy Studios
mara
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by mara »

Don't know if this is intentional or not, but loading that brokefort save in SP resulted in DA (koriko's faction) not being taken over by AI.
mara
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by mara »

void wrote:Alright guys the minimum forces of an invasion should be a lot more manageable now. Before, if players had no army left from waring, they couldn't handle it.

Portals now come with different unit combinations, less storms, and storms now last 3 instead of 5 turns.

Also, the warning now happens 20 instead of 10 turns before impact.
did the same game from the brokefort save.

The forces are still brutal. The ion storms are the big problem, They're chain-casting them over and over on cities. so the reduction in length has had no effect, within 5-6 turns all T1 units are gone, considering even the best faction (with a temperate start) Only just started getting T2 soldiers, it's wiping the slate clean.
void
Proxy Studios
Proxy Studios

Post by void »

Doubled the cooldown of ion storms, invaders now need sight to place ion storms, lowered invasion forces.
Lorenz Ruhmann
Proxy Studios
ExMudder
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Post by ExMudder »

Mna, I completely missed this, but I have done betas both on and off steam. Is there a sign up for the expansion? I just set my Pandora updater for the beta version.
mara
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by mara »

void wrote:Doubled the cooldown of ion storms, invaders now need sight to place ion storms, lowered invasion forces.
Peaceful hippies my hiney! By the might of my flying army (and a couple of tanks and troops to mop up), Terra Salvum whooped some aliens! Who knew that murdering hordes of angry invaders could be as fun as planting trees? Maybe the Imperium is on to something after alll....

It went much,MUCH better now. We survived it. It took us a bit, and I'll be scraping infestation off my windshield for a while. It was formidable, and it was tense. I stood my ground, throwing everything with wings at it, but I managed to do it and even save the brainless DA from its own utter annihilation (although Togra took them over shortly after).

Glad I could at least help some get this sorted out. I'll run a fresh game tomorrow from 1-100.

Edit: I noticed it spawned one on the uninhabited continent.
void
Proxy Studios
Proxy Studios

Post by void »

Thanks a bunch guys, really couldn't do it without you.

Tomorrow morning/midday another build will go live which will slightly reduce the variation in total invasion strength (to make it more consistent across games) and spread the deployment of portals over a few more turns so the whole thing is a bit less spikey.
Lorenz Ruhmann
Proxy Studios
mara
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by mara »

void wrote:Thanks a bunch guys, really couldn't do it without you.

Tomorrow morning/midday another build will go live which will slightly reduce the variation in total invasion strength and spread the deployment of portals over a few more turns to make the whole thing a bit less spikey.
I like that change. adds some depth with slower portal deployment. Do I rush to the one I know about and nuke it, lightening my defences? do I wait incase one spawns closer?
KaiFiebach
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by KaiFiebach »

I started a new game and finally have the Alien Invasion. In my current position, I am very lucky, because the Messari invade the most powerful fraction (Lady Vermillion) who declared war on me before. I am really looking forward to see how this develops! However, I do not see anything about the invasion, I only notice that Lady Vermillions armies dissapear on my borders.

Suggestion: Once the Alien Invasion begins and the Messari start war on a fraction, please let the female news reporter cover this so that players know about who was attacked. This would increase the immersion and understanding. Just imagine how our western news on earth would cover an Alien Invasion in Russia...
KaiFiebach
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by KaiFiebach »

Hmmm, I now played 80 turns of Alien Invasion without even seeing a single Alien. Lady Vermillion seems to have a little trouble with them on her continent, but obviously not enough to stop her intercontinental wars agains the other human fractions.

Suggestion: After a while the Messari could also attack the other human fractions, not only the most powerful one. How about something like this:
Alien Invasion turn 0: Attack Player No.1 (as it is now).
Alien Invasion turn 25: Attack Player No.2 as well.
Alien Invasion turn 50: Attack Player No.3 as well.
IMHO after a while the Messari should become a global threat, not just a local one.

EDIT: After 100 turns, the Alien Invasion is over. I still did not see any single Alien. Lady Vermillion cleaned them up on her continent all alone. She now is back on me and winning the game. I guess the only way to turn the game would have been to attack the Lady on her continent while the Aliens where after her, but I was too human to help the Aliens against the Lady. This has been a very remote but still interesting experience.
mara
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by mara »

KaiFiebach wrote:Hmmm, I now played 80 turns of Alien Invasion without even seeing a single Alien. Lady Vermillion seems to have a little trouble with them on her continent, but obviously not enough to stop her intercontinental wars agains the other human fractions.

Suggestion: After a while the Messari could also attack the other human fractions, not only the most powerful one. How about something like this:
Alien Invasion turn 0: Attack Player No.1 (as it is now).
Alien Invasion turn 25: Attack Player No.2 as well.
Alien Invasion turn 50: Attack Player No.3 as well.
IMHO after a while the Messari should become a global threat, not just a local one.

EDIT: After 100 turns, the Alien Invasion is over. I still did not see any single Alien. Lady Vermillion cleaned them up on her continent all alone. She now is back on me and winning the game. I guess the only way to turn the game would have been to attack the Lady on her continent while the Aliens where after her, but I was too human to help the Aliens against the Lady. This has been a very remote but still interesting experience.
That's interesting, I had an entire continent that was uninhabited to clean off. That was a good bit of work. I also got attacked and I was in third. Togra/Imperium also had at least two portals to do.

Now, if SephiRok's still having a tough time with the refit issue I brought up in another thread, feel free to write me down as Christopher "Academy Party Pooper" Montgomery.

Running through another game now. Will edit with details.

Edit, Planning ahead for it made my life a little easier, but it still made everyone (AI included) stop and think about the wars for a bit. Had a portal nearby my capital. made me whimper.
Piruparka
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by Piruparka »

A minor bug: the arrows in the scrollbar in the workshop work the other way around that you would expect. So hitting the "up"-arrow scrolls down, whilst the "down"-arrow scrolls up. Weirdo. :D
mara
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by mara »

Latest Steam Build:

Strange generation, possible bug: Really, really, close specials placement

reallygoodstart.jpg
reallygoodstart.jpg (90.73 KiB) Viewed 7227 times
SephiRok
Proxy Studios
Proxy Studios

Post by SephiRok »

Oh wow. I would feel bad for picking Terra Salvum.
Rok Breulj
Designer and Programmer
Proxy Studios

Return to “Pandora : Public Beta”