Campaign Supplement????

General discussion forum for anything related to Field of Glory Ancients & Medieval.

Moderators: philqw78, terrys, hammy, Slitherine Core, Field of Glory Design, Field of Glory Moderators

shadowdragon
Brigadier-General - Elite Grenadier

Campaign Supplement????

Post by shadowdragon »

In preparation for a Persian versus Lydian campaign battle I've got set up, I'm reading through the v3 rules to make sure I've got all the changes fresh in my mine; and there it was on page 122, "Obviously the approach differs for historical re-fights, and also for campaigns, which we deal with in our campaign supplement". What? A campaign supplement??? Perhaps that was always there. A check back to v1 and v2 shows that it didn't appear in v1 but the same sentence does appear in v2. So, alas, I expect there's no v3 intention for a campaign supplement but that it's a cut-and-paste error that was missed in editing and that the v2 intention has been overtaken by events. So, no campaign supplement. :cry:
philqw78
Chief of Staff - Elite Maus
Chief of Staff - Elite Maus

Re: Campaign Supplement????

Post by philqw78 »

When they brought out V1 they said they were going to do a campaign supplement, but didn't. I expect the same will still apply
phil
putting the arg into argumentative, except for the lists I check where there is no argument!
grahambriggs
Lieutenant-General - Do 217E
Lieutenant-General - Do 217E

Post by grahambriggs »

I think it just got kept in because it wasn't a bit of text that was the focus of change. There'll be no campaign supplement.
shadowdragon

Post by shadowdragon »

grahambriggs wrote:I think it just got kept in because it wasn't a bit of text that was the focus of change. There'll be no campaign supplement.
So, in v1 there was no text but an intention, in v2 text andintention and in v3 text with no intention. Will we have no text and no intention in v4 - just to complete the set? At least “no campaign supplement” has been consistent across all 3 versions. :wink:

Return to “Field of Glory : Ancient & Medieval Era 3000 BC-1500 AD : General Discussion”