Photos and other images in posts - Problems ahead

General discussion forum for anything related to Field of Glory Ancients & Medieval.

Moderators: philqw78, terrys, hammy, Slitherine Core, Field of Glory Design, Field of Glory Moderators

kevinj
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Photos and other images in posts - Problems ahead

Post by kevinj »

In order to include a photo or other image in a post it needs to be linked from a site where the image is hosted. Images incidentally include those nicely presented tables showing Runners and Riders and tournament results. Many of us have been using Photobucket for this purpose. However, Photobucket have decided that in future they will not allow "Third Party Hosting" (their definition for what we're doing) from free accounts. The only way to continue to use this function on Photobucket is to upgrade to a Plus500 account at $39.99 a month. I won't be doing that!

This raises 2 issues. Firstly existing images are likely to disappear. But also it's going to be harder to add images to posts in future. So, does anyone know of an alternative to Photobucket that will allow 3rd Party Hosting on a free account?

Return to “Field of Glory : Ancient & Medieval Era 3000 BC-1500 AD : General Discussion”