ARMY LIST CALCULATOR

General discussion forum for anything related to Field of Glory Ancients & Medieval.

Moderators: philqw78, terrys, hammy, Slitherine Core, Field of Glory Design, Field of Glory Moderators

jdm
Slitherine
Slitherine

ARMY LIST CALCULATOR

Post by jdm »

Now that we have a scoring system on its way, my thoughts are turning to an army list calculator.

Does anyone have the skills and energy to have ago at this

Regards
JDM
Last edited by jdm on Wed Feb 20, 2008 6:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
nikgaukroger
Field of Glory Moderator
Field of Glory Moderator

Post by nikgaukroger »

I'm impressed with the Excel spreadsheet that is available from the French site - with a drop down menu for language selection :D

I think Olivier Dader and Vincent Auger did the hard work on it.
jdm
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by jdm »

I will contact them

Thanks Nik

JDM
nicofig
Field of Glory Moderator
Field of Glory Moderator

Post by nicofig »

Yes , you can find this army list calculator here :

http://fieldofglory.fr/spip.php?article2

Tha author is Olivier Dader. (Thanks)

It's in english, french, deutsh, espanol. If someone want to give the translation in italian, portugese, greek ... he's welcome
:D
Last edited by nicofig on Fri Nov 30, 2007 7:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
stevoid
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF

Post by stevoid »

Thank you very much. It is superb :-)

Steve
paulcummins
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL

Post by paulcummins »

I have a fairly good shet that I put together for the Feb tournament, but havent worked on it since
on my site herehttp://www.dracostandard.co.uk/fog.asp
olivier
Lieutenant Colonel - Fw 190A

Post by olivier »

Yes , you can find this army list calculator here :

http://fieldofglory.fr/spip.php?article2

Tha author is Olivier Dader. (Thanks)

It's in english, french, deutsh, espanol. If someone want to give the translation in italian, portugese, greek ... he's welcome
Indeed ! :lol:

If you have any suggestion about perfecting this sheet, please tell me !

olivier
neilhammond
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E

Post by neilhammond »

I use Olivier's excel spreadsheet, and I find it very good. I've been using version 1.7.2 but I see there is a new version.

The only function I'd add is a sort drop down in the order of march field. I like my list sequenced by order of march so having a sort drop down would be good - I can then just add units on the end and then sort them into sequence.

I know you can do this via the Data -> Sort menu option, it's just easeir to access from the row 10 header.

Neil
olivier

Post by olivier »

With the last version, when you have finished to compute your army, click on the head column "order of march" and use function "sort up" ?! ("tri croissant" in french :) ).
Last version has big cosmetic and counting difference with the 1.7. I hotly recommend you tu use it.
Empgamer
Senior Corporal - Destroyer
Senior Corporal - Destroyer

Post by Empgamer »

If any of the above don't fit the bill I'm aware of a DBM utility that is posted on the SOA Homepage. Perhaps the author of that may be prepared to consider something similar for FOG, if he hasn't already?
babyshark
Field of Glory Moderator
Field of Glory Moderator

Post by babyshark »

olivier wrote:If you have any suggestion about perfecting this sheet, please tell me !

olivier
Your audience in the USA would like to see a USA nationality, please. Other than that, I really like it.

Marc
ars_belli
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Post by ars_belli »

babyshark wrote:
olivier wrote:If you have any suggestion about perfecting this sheet, please tell me !

olivier
Your audience in the USA would like to see a USA nationality, please. Other than that, I really like it.

Marc
Would a USA nationality have significantly different translations from the ones for Great Britain or Ireland? Anyway, thanks for creating the spreadsheet, Olivier. It looks great!

Cheers,
Scott
plc
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Post by plc »

Excellent tool. Thanks very much.

Pete
olivier

Post by olivier »

Marc
Right, in my next version I included a US "translation"; do you want it simpler or larger! :lol:

Really, I think to change the word "nationality" for "language". With this change, I don't have to make a research for Australian, South African, and all other little english colony and dominion! :wink:
carlos
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Post by carlos »

Pity it doesn't work with OpenOffice, but that's life. JDM, can you confirm that the points values in the Beta 6.00 version are the final ones?
hammy
Field of Glory Team
Field of Glory Team

Post by hammy »

carlos wrote:Pity it doesn't work with OpenOffice, but that's life. JDM, can you confirm that the points values in the Beta 6.00 version are the final ones?
They'd better be. All the proofreading and checking I have done for the army lists is based on the V6 point values :shock:
jdm
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by jdm »

carlos wrote:Pity it doesn't work with OpenOffice, but that's life. JDM, can you confirm that the points values in the Beta 6.00 version are the final ones?
I will be at a Computer games conference in Lyon all week so will take a look when I get back

Possibly Richard will get to it sooner

Regards
JDM
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott »

hammy wrote:
They'd better be. All the proofreading and checking I have done for the army lists is based on the V6 point values :shock:
They are correct.
davem

Post by davem »

Could I add my voice for a change from "nationality" to language?
I was most upset there was no New Zealand and that by implication I'd have to accept Great Britain! Now those that know me, know this will never do!
Also several other countries/languages are missing, a perusal of attendee's at Ghent should help?
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott »

davem wrote:Could I add my voice for a change from "nationality" to language?
I was most upset there was no New Zealand and that by implication I'd have to accept Great Britain! Now those that know me, know this will never do!
Also several other countries/languages are missing, a perusal of attendee's at Ghent should help?
e.g. Rapa Nui

Return to “Field of Glory : Ancient & Medieval Era 3000 BC-1500 AD : General Discussion”